+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have been thinking of you Devastated29. Hope all is as well as can be and that you and your DH are continuing to put one foot in front of the other.
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi OP, I have been following and would like to say I think you are being incredibly strong. You are dealing with this and being a rock to your DH and I really admire the strength you are showing when many of us would be a complete mess. I would also like to say could the reason your MIL is standing behind your FIL like she is because there are skeletons in her closet and she is worried about being named and charged as well? Either way I think it is disgusting how she said he never harmed a child, the child/ren in whatever disgusting material he was watching or looking at was harmed and all the sickos out there that *shudder* enjoy this contributed to the irreversible damage that would have been done.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no advice, but I want to send strength and love to you through this awful time x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quicky to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your family. Hope DSD is still recovering well. Hope your family has received some counseling to help get you through it all and your DH is coping. The whole
    thing is just so dreadful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also thought of you this morning OP.

Please know that we care and hope that you are all coping with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I just read through this whole thread.
    My heart goes out to you and your husband and his siblings.
    Your father-in-law is a waste of oxygen and so is his wife.
    I was astonished that they actually wanted to visit your step-daughter in hospital! It made me want to stand guard at your step-daughter's bedside to physically block them from getting anywhere near her.
    I am equally astonished that your mother-in-law tried to lay a guilt trip on you. The guilt belongs to her and her husband.
    Your mother-in-law kind of reminds me of my late mother. When I was about 14 one of my uncles on my mother's side of my family molested me. A few years later I told my mother. She was horrified and devastated, but a few months later completely forgave him and from then on made out as if nothing had ever happened. A few months ago I posted about this on Bubhub. I have also spoken to family members about my mother's conduct. My sister acknolwedged that my mother "handled it wrong". But then my sister told me I should not have a grudge against our mother because even though our mother believed that the molestation happened, our mother was somehow "in denial". I disagree (although I would be interested to hear what others think, but not in this thread becuase I do not want to steal the attention from OP.). I just think my mother was a coward who didn't want to rock the boat, and who wanted to play happy families. I suspect your mother-in-law is the same.
    Anyway,
    Last edited by nasalhaironfire; 22-10-2014 at 20:54.

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    just reading this ...

How are you going OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I've been wondering how your going too OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have been thinking of you too. I hope your daughter is recovering well and you and your family are coming to terms with it all. Many hugs to you all.