+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastated29 View Post
    Thanks everyone everything has gone well and as expected to so far, about an hour to go. She was very brave going in!
    That's great news, keep us updated.
    I hope she has a good recovery

Thanks
    Reviews
    All went really well, they managed to remove the whole tumour when initially they thought they would have to leave some behind so that's great! Apparently she had a rough night but is much better this morning and might even move out of ICU today which is earlier than planned for. I wish I could go and see her but with a baby and a toddler we'll have to wait until she's feeling a lot better. I made up a big care pack for her though which DH will take in with him today.

DH will be telling SD's mum today about FIL/MIL too which is going to be really hard for him and her of course. They are completely delusional. MIL got in touch with DH yesterday asking about the surgery and said "we're going to call SD's mum tomorrow and let her know what's happened and we'll visit SD in hospital on Saturday". They actually think they will be seeing SD?!? DH won't allow it and I can assure you once her mum knows they will never see her again! It's just shocking how cavalier they are being about it. I can't believe it.

We're going to try and see the police next week and DH is going to get in touch with his old therapist today or tomorrow. Slow and steady.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Devastated29 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (09-10-2014),Liddybugs  (09-10-2014),Qwerty  (10-10-2014)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm glad the surgery went well. As for your PIL, wow, just wow! How can they be so delusional that things are going to blow over ?

I think you are doing extremely well, so proud of you and your DH for the way you're both handling the situation. I know it's early days but you both seem to be handling the ups and downs well together. Keeping you all in my thoughts .

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-SammiAnn For This Useful Post:

Devastated29  (09-10-2014),SuperGranny  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really alarming. They seem to be completely unaware of the magnitude of it.

SIL got in touch (she lives overseas) and said FIL called her and told her. From what she said (via email) it really doesn't seem like she's been told the full story because she was fairly blasé about it. Of course that is not surprising! I'm going to get in touch with her today and make sure she can read the article for herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad to heart about your SD! Wishing her a speedy recovery.

As for your PIL, I can't get my head around how any rational person could possibly try to gloss over something like this and just pretend it hasn't happened, or that it's not so bad. Whilst MIL remains so delusional she is equally as dangerous to children as FIL is.

Sending you & DH strength to get through this x

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

Devastated29  (09-10-2014),Serenity Love  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so glad the surgery went well
    As for your PIL, wow. They really think this will blow over, insane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    So glad that sd surgery went well.

I am glad you are making sure that mil and fil can't go near sd and that Sil gets to hear everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woooow i just read this thread and OMG. I am so sorry you're dealing with this OP ...

You have already had some amazing advice in here.... all I can say is I agree your MIL is just as dangerous to the children as your FIL is. How sickening The woman is insane to think it's not too bad because he hasn't physically done anything. How does she even know that for sure anyways. I personally wouldn't believe a word she says now as its quite clear her main focus is protecting FIL and supporting him through this. What a filthy pig of a man. They're both a disappointment.

I wouldn't be able to let them be in my children's life again TBH. I know that's a hard stance to make.... but these people are messed up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been reading but haven't known what to say. You've been given so much great advice here regarding MIL and FIL, so I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are dealing with this, and I'm glad that SD's surgery went well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find it appalling that they seem to think they'll be welcome around your SD. Seriously, what the hell

They just don't seem to 'get' how abhorrent his actions were.

Glad the surgery went well