+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Siblings with close birthdays

Hi mums
    If we conceive this month baby will be due basically right on DD birthday. Does anyone have kids that spare close birthdays???? How do u deal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of 9 kids..
    There was bound to be some birthdays close together haha

#1 was 8 years old when #5 was born.. on her birthday! They are close because of that, and they love sharing a birthday. #1 thinks #5 was the best birthday present, even now 19 years later.
    Funnily enough, #1 married a man with the same birthday as them! They got married on said day too!

#6 was born on out granddads birthday, they had a special bond because of that.

#7 was born 6 days before #1 and 5 and 1 fay before mum and dad's wedding anniversary. Kind of cool cause we have a lot of celebrations around that time.

#8 was born mid November. She unfortunately passed away at 19 months. When mum fell pregnant with #9 just a few years later, you can imagine her shock to know she was due on #8 birthday! #9 came early, beginning of November. Only 2 weeks between the two though..
    I am now pregnant with my first, and DD is due exactly between these two. One week early or one week late she will be sharing a birthday!

Not even mum and day got out of it haha, dad's birthday is 3 days before #2 and mums is exactly a week before mine.

From a parents perspective I know you want each child to have their own special day, but honestly as kids we loved all the birthday close together, it's so much fun!

Our birthdays are:

March 1st
    March 4th
    May 18th
    July 10th
    July 16th
    July 16th
    August 17th
    August 24th
    November 1st
    November 7th (DD's due date)
    November 15th
    December 28th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that is such an amazing story!!!!! People must love hearing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My younger brother was born on my 9th birthday. All I wanted for my birthday was a baby sister! Because of the large age gap we did quite different things for our birthdays and he usually had his celebrations a different day. I did used to feel like he stole my birthday but I got over it and it was nice to celebrate my 30th and his 21st together.

DS1 was due a week and a half after our birthday and I joked that he would be born on that day and he was!!! It was the best birthday present ever. Lucky I was already used to sharing that day.

I guess it depends on the age gap and how well they get along whether you'd do combined celebrations or not.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how close you mean, but my eldest two children have birthdays that are 18 days apart.

It's never been a problem, I've never actually thought much about it to be honest. A

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi jef, I was born three years and one month after my sister, so the birthdates one month apart. I remember always getting a small gift on her bday and she got a small gift on my bday. but only for a few years, it stopped before I got into double digits. I have twins so that is a different story. I have grandchildren almost sharing a birthdate, so for convience of people travelling their celebrations are combined for now. we will have three cousins with close birthdates, so it could be getting more tricky. I think just do what suits your family. there are no rules when it comes to this sort of thing. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm one of 4 and 3 of us are within a week of each other. 3rd, 6th & 10th of September. (9months From Xmas and new year ) It's a busy month for us but we have never had an issue with it.