+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @McBecks we've just started him on menevit he was on a different multi for sperm quality but we decided to try menevit instead. He doesn't drink coffee or alcohol, doesn't smoke so only other change he can really make is to try eat better. He's doing a fair bit of walking each day with his new job too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear @Shrillian hope the new dosage brings the levels back up for you.

I just went to get the rest of my blood tests done. Hopefully once the results for those come back they'll let me start 'blood-letting' to get my iron levels down. I'll also be getting the results of my saliva hormone tests back this afternoon.

I managed to get a FS referral from the doctor so were going to see if we can book in soon to start getting any other tests done over the next 3 months while were waiting to TTC again! I'm going to get my tubes checked for blockages too as I've had a history of suspected Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Oh, my update: numbers are going backwards. Oestrogen went from 273 to 189.

Bumping up the dosage to 100 now.
    Oh Shrillian, that's poo! Good luck with the new dosage!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    McBecks, DP loves a hot bath to help the ache he gets in his legs, I'll have to break it to him that maybe he shouldnt have them

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for all your helpful advice ladies, I passed on to my friend & she was very grateful!

Ps as for me, CD36. I usually go 35-38 days (except for one totally crazy long cycle). So one way or another, my 2WW ends this week... fingers crossed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shrillian - how selfish of me, I just saw your post. Oh poo! why are our bodies so annoying?! now what next? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NicM I think having normal temp (warm) baths are ok. So he could still try those? I think the problem comes from hot baths that raise your body temperature as that kills sperm. Same reason they say not to wear too tight jocks or ride bikes in Lycra too far if you're TTC. FS said hot baths were a def no-no.

@Lizard yeah my DH is pretty healthy & fit otherwise although he hasn't give up alcohol, but I haven't asked him to either as he only has a couple on the weekend. Fx'd the Menevit works for both of them!

All the best with your blood tests @HillDweller & I hope you can get into a FS quickly as some have crazy wait times. Good luck! 👍

Good luck for the end of this week @AJsyd! Fx'd it ends in a BFP for you!

AFM I'll be starting OPK's tomorrow & should O by the weekend so am gearing DH up for all the rumpy-pumpy this week! 😂 He likes to have warning so he doesn't just come home & want to go to sleep! Lol. 😜 He works long hours poor love.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

NicM  (10-10-2014),Shrillian  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @AJsyd - they've bumped up my dosage, so hopefully my starts to respond better. I have another BT on Thursday morning, so fx oestrogen is up and roaring!

Good luck for this week and I hope AF stays away!!! Are you going to test or wait for the witch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @McBecks good luck for this weekend!!

Well, got all my hormone and blood tests back. My progesterone is about a third of what it should be (wasn't expecting that because the second half of my cycle is good!), estrogen is a little high and so is testosterone. I have some problems with liver damage (fixable) and my cortisol levels are rubbish (probably because of the physical stress my body is under from the iron and liver dramas). All should be fixable though

I'm going in to give my first lot of blood on Thursday morning to start trying to get some of that iron out of it!!

Fingers crossed for you AF stays away @AJsyd !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh thanks girls!
    Very crampy today, trying not to get too hopeful nor lose hope!

@Shrillian good luck with the BT tomorrow, hope the new dosage sorts you out

@HillDweller - so do you donate blood to get your iron levels down? If so then that's something very very positive to come out of a negative!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (08-10-2014)