+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Hey girls Yes I've just had a baby boy who I'm so smitten with. He is so much like his older brother. I haven't wanted to announce in here as I know the bitter sweet feelings when it's someone else.

I want to tell those that are still in the group not to give up. The month I conceived we had adopted a 'not trying not preventing' approach and I had honestly given up all hope. You all deserve a baby in your arms and I think of you all often, hoping that the group slowly but surely dies bc you are all UTD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Hey girls Yes I've just had a baby boy who I'm so smitten with. He is so much like his older brother. I haven't wanted to announce in here as I know the bitter sweet feelings when it's someone else.

I want to tell those that are still in the group not to give up. The month I conceived we had adopted a 'not trying not preventing' approach and I had honestly given up all hope. You all deserve a baby in your arms and I think of you all often, hoping that the group slowly but surely dies bc you are all UTD
    Nothing but pure happiness for you @delirium

I remember when you said you would have to unsub from the TRC threads because you were going to stop actively 'trying' and that was the month it happened for you!

Thanks for still checking in with us and for your encouragement

Hope you enjoy every second with your new baby boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @HillDweller - yes, she did! A little boy!!! (She posted it in her BH diary). I'm soooo happy for her. She's had such a tough journey. xx

I've finally managed to force myself to enjoy my life and stop putting it on hold for the big "what if I fall pregnant?".

So... We've booked a 3 week trip to France at the end of April, then off to Fiji at the end of May and then Tassie in July!

I'll be going back to IVF in June, after we get back from Fiji (god I hope I don't get AF in Fiji or France!! But going on last cycle being 70 days, that would make CD1 the day after we fly back from Fiji. *fingers crossed*)

So basically I'm tempting fate.
    Haha @Shrillian that's the way to do it, tempt the universe and show it who's boss

That sounds like an amazing holiday!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. I haven't been to any of those places so I want all the stories!!

I'm so happy for Del, it's amazing news and she deserves all the happiness after her long road!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

Hey there @delirium! Please never ever feel unwelcome to post happy news here! The goal is the bub and it's so exciting to see all of us reaching that goal! *big hugs*

Sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Haha @Shrillian that's the way to do it, tempt the universe and show it who's boss

That sounds like an amazing holiday!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. I haven't been to any of those places so I want all the stories!!

I'm so happy for Del, it's amazing news and she deserves all the happiness after her long road!
    I'm so excited @HillDweller!! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to France. It's been my number one destination FOREVER, yet the one place I haven't made it to! It's a dream come true!

Fiji is a trip organised by my in laws. They're taking pity on stupid waste of space SIL, her DP and their 5 kids and want them to experience "overseas" and realise there's more to the world than the Gold Coast. (My ILs take pity and treat them to the GC every year or so).

Not really a longed for destination for DH & I but, hey! It's a holiday!

Tassie is a late anniversary treat for us and revisitation of the domestic leg of our honeymoon. .

We did a roadtrip (Melbourne, Spirit of Tasmania, Launceston, Hobart, Port Arthur, Cradle Mountain, back onto the Spirit of Tasmania, Great Ocean Road, Ballarat, back to Sydney), and I LOVED Cradle Mountain. Log cabin, day spa, snow, fireplaces everywhere, day spa, bar, restaurant, walks, did I mention day spa? I've wanted to go back since, but the timing has never been right. It was the first trip we booked for this year - it was my "***** it. I'm booking me a pamper holiday!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Hope you're all doing well. Sorry I've been MIA recently, been so snowed under at work I've just had no time for anything but sleeping when I get home.
    @Shrillian - I'm soooo jealous of such amazing holidays coming up for you! France is my most favourite place in the world & I've been there about 4 times now, although it helps that I have relatives there. 😄 Where will you be going? Paris, obviously! Paris is amazing. We stayed in a little place on Ill Son Louis, which is the second small islet in the Seine, next to Notre Dame. Great spot! But will you venture into the countryside? If you're thinking of heading up to Normandy my uncle owns a 200yr old French Gite (converted farmstead) that he rents out to mainly Poms in the summer. It's amazing. I'll try find a link.

Here you go:
    https://m.airbnb.fr/listings/858515?s=ErhN
    They have a donkey named Neddy! He's delightful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh that sound AMAZING @Shrillian I'm very jealous! I have been hankering after another holiday for a few months now (if we can just stop getting new animals for 5 minutes, we might have a moment where they're all grown up and easy to look after, then my parents will house-sit while we go away!!). The Cradle Mountain place sounds lovely. Where did you stay? I've been wanting to go to a place like that. I stayed in a similar sounding place in the Victorian mountains once and really wanted to go back, but since it was for my honeymoon with exH, I think DH would be a bit weirded out by it! (Because someone in my family is sure to do the whole "oh, isn't that where you stayed for..."

Hi @McBecks ! How are you going? Hope everything is going really well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by McBecks View Post
    @Shrillian - I'm soooo jealous of such amazing holidays coming up for you! France is my most favourite place in the world & I've been there about 4 times now, although it helps that I have relatives there. 😄 Where will you be going? Paris, obviously! Paris is amazing. We stayed in a little place on Ill Son Louis, which is the second small islet in the Seine, next to Notre Dame. Great spot! But will you venture into the countryside? If you're thinking of heading up to Normandy my uncle owns a 200yr old French Gite (converted farmstead) that he rents out to mainly Poms in the summer. It's amazing. I'll try find a link.

Here you go:
    https://m.airbnb.fr/listings/858515?s=ErhN
    They have a donkey named Neddy! He's delightful.
    @McBecks - Wow!!! It's stunning!!!

We won't be heading that way on this trip, unfortunately. We are planning:

Fly into Paris. Pick up rental car.
    12 days road trip
    Paris > Dijon > Lyon > Avignon > Marseille > Bordeaux > Champagne > Paris
    7 days Paris (apartment in 1st arrondissement)
    2 days EuroDisney
    Fly home

The road trip was decided from just looking at a map. I'll be researching things I want to see soon, so it may get changed and we may end up on a gorgeous 200yo farm house in Normandy! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Ohhhh that sound AMAZING @Shrillian I'm very jealous! I have been hankering after another holiday for a few months now (if we can just stop getting new animals for 5 minutes, we might have a moment where they're all grown up and easy to look after, then my parents will house-sit while we go away!!). The Cradle Mountain place sounds lovely. Where did you stay? I've been wanting to go to a place like that. I stayed in a similar sounding place in the Victorian mountains once and really wanted to go back, but since it was for my honeymoon with exH, I think DH would be a bit weirded out by it! (Because someone in my family is sure to do the whole "oh, isn't that where you stayed for..."
    @HillDweller - we stayed (and will be staying again) at Cradle Mountain Lodge:

http://www.cradlemountainlodge.com.au

Pricey, but I just loved our experience last time. Too much snow last time to go on any big walks, but was all good as we did little ones and canoodled instead. 😊

We talked about going back in the summer to do the longer treks, but I just love frolicking in the snow too much. 😄

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (31-03-2015),McBecks  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shrill!! Yes. We will be going there. I will be putting that infront of DH tonight! (I will withhold dinner until he agrees )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha ha!! Love it!!

I really hope you like it! It's my current favourite place and I've only been there once! 😂

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (01-04-2015)