+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to speak too soon, but I got a positive OPK on CD15! That is super early for me (I usually O CD23-35). Fingers crossed between the Metformin and new herbs mayyybe I'm going to start O'ing on time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeeha! Good job naturopath!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (13-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big temp rise today, so looks like I O'd CD18! Woo! Hopefully it's all evening out and I can look forward to my body O'ing "on time" from now on.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @HillDweller! Sorry for the slow reply, but that's great news! Fx'd you'll be seeing two pink lines in a week or so!
    @octonaut congrats once again to you too! I really hope this is the sticky last baby you long for! 🎉🎉🎉

AFM been having a real up and down month. Our appt with the FS the other week had him confirming we officially have "unexplained secondary infertility" which is depressing & frustrating to no end. Part of me just wishes one of us still had a real problem that we could then try to fix & get pregnant. But because there's nothing apparently "wrong" we just have to keep trying & hoping for the best, or bite the bullet & get assistance. After being told all the numbers DH wanted to go straight to IVF as even though it's more expensive, it's a much better odds of getting preg first go. But I'm still having a tough time getting my head around the fact that we might need that. I mean it only took 3 months with DS, & I had textbook smooth pregnancy, so how can we now be in the position we need IVF to have baby #2? Gah! 😩

So we've decided to give one round of IUI a go next month, DH doesn't like the "odds" for IUI so isn't keen to do much more. It's frustrating me how the numbers are all that he focuses on. Men can be so clinical about this stuff. 😡 But if that doesn't work we'll keep trying naturally for a few more months before we move to IVF. I'm really hoping we don't need to though as financially it'll be a stretch for us.

So that's me, struggling a bit, but trying to remain optimistic that each cycle will be our lucky cycle. Sorry for the long post & vent. Baby dust to all. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by McBecks View Post
    Yay @HillDweller! Sorry for the slow reply, but that's great news! Fx'd you'll be seeing two pink lines in a week or so!
    @octonaut congrats once again to you too! I really hope this is the sticky last baby you long for! 🎉🎉🎉

AFM been having a real up and down month. Our appt with the FS the other week had him confirming we officially have "unexplained secondary infertility" which is depressing & frustrating to no end. Part of me just wishes one of us still had a real problem that we could then try to fix & get pregnant. But because there's nothing apparently "wrong" we just have to keep trying & hoping for the best, or bite the bullet & get assistance. After being told all the numbers DH wanted to go straight to IVF as even though it's more expensive, it's a much better odds of getting preg first go. But I'm still having a tough time getting my head around the fact that we might need that. I mean it only took 3 months with DS, & I had textbook smooth pregnancy, so how can we now be in the position we need IVF to have baby #2? Gah! 😩

So we've decided to give one round of IUI a go next month, DH doesn't like the "odds" for IUI so isn't keen to do much more. It's frustrating me how the numbers are all that he focuses on. Men can be so clinical about this stuff. 😡 But if that doesn't work we'll keep trying naturally for a few more months before we move to IVF. I'm really hoping we don't need to though as financially it'll be a stretch for us.

So that's me, struggling a bit, but trying to remain optimistic that each cycle will be our lucky cycle. Sorry for the long post & vent. Baby dust to all. xx
    Hi @McBecks Thanks, FF says I O'd CD17 so I'm really happy with that. Not getting my hopes up for a BFP because I never do, but hopefully this is a good step forward!

I know exactly what you mean about men focusing on the clinical numbers side of things and how that can be frustrating! I'm sorry about the unexplained diagnosis, it's so hard when you don't have a specific thing to fix isn't it.

Every month that goes past where I don't get a BFP scares me a little more - mostly because it's pushing further forward to that time I know my DH and I will have to have the discussion about IVF. I know he will want to do it, but I don't. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD1 today. Sigh. And DH's work are really pi$$ing me off. He comes back from site work tomorrow and is home for either a week or ten days, then goes away again for 5. For a job that is supposed to be in Perth with only occasional site work....it's not turning out that way! So far since he started he's worked more days away than home AND when he's home he has to work at the workshop in Perth so he's pretty much getting no breaks. He just worked 13 days in a row, comes back tomorrow night - has the Monday public holiday off and goes to work on Tuesday! At least when he was working proper FIFO he got a week off after working 2 weeks straight.

He is none too pleased and when I told him that would likely mean he would be away the few days before O he really started to hate them! I feel so bad for him, this was supposed to be a great new job that would give us much more time together and a much better chance at TTC and it's looking more and more like they lied to him about what the job would be just so they could get him to take it. He specifically told them he was only leaving his very good FIFO job because he needed to be at home more.

Feeling so frustrated and stressed right now. Gah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs @HillDweller, both for AF arriving & the sh*tty situation it sounds like you & DH are in with his work. Can he talk to them about it? Or just refuse to go so often? I can imagine you guys must be so frustrated & disappointed if you thought this job change was going to mean seeing each other more often & now it's the opposite!
    Enjoy your long weekend together while you can & I hope things get better soon. Stress is no fun. Have a nice bottle of wine tonight too! xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by McBecks View Post
    Big hugs @HillDweller, both for AF arriving & the sh*tty situation it sounds like you & DH are in with his work. Can he talk to them about it? Or just refuse to go so often? I can imagine you guys must be so frustrated & disappointed if you thought this job change was going to mean seeing each other more often & now it's the opposite!
    Enjoy your long weekend together while you can & I hope things get better soon. Stress is no fun. Have a nice bottle of wine tonight too! xx
    Thanks @McBecks DH is going to have a chat to his work, we've decided to wait it out and see what they do over the next two months. If they continue to send him away he's going to have a sit down with them and remind them that this is not the job he agreed to, and it is not the job in his employment contract! If that doesn't resolve anything, he will look for another job. Luckily, he has just found out that instead of having to go away for 5 days this Monday (which would have had him away for what I assume will be all the days before O) he doesn't have to go until the following Monday - so hopefully that means he will at least be home at the right time this time!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend this weekend. We're off to get a couple more ducks (our baby duckling we had turned out to be a boy so we need a couple more females to keep our male to female ratio right!) so I'm a bit excited (even though I'm well aware by now of the stress introducing new birds to the flock causes! Gah! Lucky I'm not pregnant yet, I'll probably need a few drinks! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    @McBecks did I see somewhere you just got your BFP!!!!! Say it's true!!! <bounce bounce bounce> I accidentally closed my phone and lost the thread and now I can't find it! OMG I'm so excited for you! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!!!! I got this when I woke up & tested on the off chance as I was due to go in & pick up my IUI meds for next cycle! Eeeeep!!! So excited!!!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425891183.605794.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (10-03-2015)