+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @octonaut that is exciting, everything crossed for you! Chat away to pass the waiting time, I'm still around

I'm on 7DPO but we were only able to DTD on the actual day of O this month (in the AM and PM but not holding out much hope). However, I've had some fantastic news, my DH has just got a new job! He has been working away, 2 weeks away, 1 week at home for the entire time we've been together (which makes TTC near on impossible timing wise - especially since we already have fertility issues.) His new job is back locally!! He will only have to go away on the odd occasion, but he will now be home pretty much every single night instead of only 1/3 of the year! Hopefully this makes things slightly easier ....

In the meantime I'm running around looking after a different type of baby - we've just managed to hatch a duckling (well our ducks did, but I'm taking some credit ) Patiently waiting for a few more to hatch, it's quite stressful! Lol

So here's my 'for now baby'

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421728227.149738.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (20-01-2015),delirium  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg That duckling is adorable! And so excited to hear DH will be home a lot more! Conception time! !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by octonaut View Post
    Omg That duckling is adorable! And so excited to hear DH will be home a lot more! Conception time! !!!!!
    Thanks @octonaut Hopefully we'll now at least be in the running every month!!

I know, I am getting NOTHING done around the house - how am I supposed to do anything but sit and stare at the cuteness?! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly, that little ball of fuzz looks like a massive time waster to me. The good kind, though!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys! And welcome @octonaut! Sorry I've been MIA of late, but the break over Jan did us good, and even though we're onto cycle 13 now, I'm feeling very positive about it all!

DH & I are on a new lot of vitamins & I tried acupuncture for the first time on the weekend. Fingers crossed it makes a difference & we get a BFP this month! I've also booked an appt with our FS as we've made the decision to try a round of IUI if this month is no good. Whilst I never really considered that we'd be a couple who'd have to have assistance to fall pregnant, I'm excited & optimistic at the thought of the TTC journey coming to an end (hopefully!). Totally totally totally ready to have baby number 2!!! 👍
    @HillDweller great news about DH job! Yay for more BD'ing around O time! Oh, and for just spending to with your DH too. 😄 (Boo to having to share the tv more though! 😂) Fingers crossed your TWW goes quickly & ends happily!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also - love the little duckling!!! So cute!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @McBecks! Haha we just got Foxel the other day and I have already thought "Hmm, what about when I want to watch everything I want to watch and he's just HERE all the time!" LOL

So hope acupuncture works for you, it really was the only thing that started to get my cycle anywhere near regular! Of course, now I can't really afford to go back since DH has come back to work locally! LOL. He has taken a....wait for it....$100k p/a pay drop Totally worth it for him to be home though!

I'm so happy you're feeling positive, I really really want to see your name pop up with BFP news in the next couple of months!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Magnificent Mid-30's! #2

I have been away from here for too long and missed too much in between lurking and being away!!!
    @NicM - congratulations on the engagement!!! Soooo happy for you guys!!! Did I miss the story?
    @McBecks - congratulations on your new home!!!! Did you end up selling your old place and are you in your new home and settled now?
    @Lizard - hope you are doing well and enjoying your break. x
    @octonaut - welcome! How old are your frosties? 5 or 3? How are you feeling post transfer? How many dpt are you now?
    @HillDweller - cute duckling!!!!! So fluffy!!! Yay for DH being around regularly now for TTC!!! But yes, sharing is no fun! Ha ha! And double boo to the pay cut!!!

Hope all of you have been well and that the silly season was good to you?

Nothing much going on in my world. Same old, here. Not doing much on the TTC front here still. Thinking I'll make an appointment with my FS soon and possibly stim in Feb or March.

I slacked off over the last 5 weeks (well, in the two weeks I had around the Christmas craziness) and haven't been to acupuncture since early December! Bad me! Will try to get there this weekend.

AF came to visit and finished a day or two ago.

I'm currently considering temping, but I'm really bad at waking up at the same time every day. My sleep patterns are sooooo bad (7hrs one night, 3hrs next, 5hrs next, 8hrs next, 4hrs, 11hrs... All over!!!) so I'm concerned it may not be accurate enough for me. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Shrillian !!! I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were going!

My sleep can be a bit all over the place too and when I started temping I was SUPER ANNOYED at the thought of waking up at the same time as I do for work on the weekends and my day off! LOL. But, even with my rubbish sleeping pattern (I wake up a million times a night and hardly ever get to bed at the same time etc) I've found it's still worked for me - sometimes I'll get a random high or low temp, but looking at the whole pattern over the month I find it quite easy to see when I O'd (and I can't temp on the days when I was taking DH to the airport because we wake up at 4am so there were a few days I'd miss here and there too).

Basically, I set my alarm for the same time each morning and on the days I don't have to get up I just stick the thermometer in my mouth, wait for it to beep, put it back on the bedside table, all without opening my eyes LOL. Then I just read and record it later when I get up. Handy to have one that saves the temp for you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There you are @Shrillian! I was also thinking about you the other day! Glad to hear you're doing ok, although bummer you're still not up the duff. We need some BFP's in here ladies, there's a bit of a drought!

Haven't moved into our new house yet cos we still haven't sold our current house! 😩 Wahhhh! I know it's bad timing with Xmas just having been but I really hope it sells soon! Wanna move to WA & buy my house Shrill? 😉

Ummm WTF @HillDweller??!! $100k!!!??? That's a massive cut! I mean, kudos to him for having such a big packet that he can take that kinda cut & still survive, bit seriously? FIFO workers get the goods! 😵😵😵 If I took a $100k pay cut I'd end up having to pay MY work! 😂

16. The Following User Says Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (22-01-2015)