+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've heard it for over 40's too ... Totalkaos - that's rough your parents aren't a little more in tune with the scary unpredictability of labour. Hope you have a very quiet, labour free weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls after reading what has been said about ivf babies not going past due date I'm really concerned my hospital has not mentioned this at all what they have mentioned in the classes is that they won't induce anyone before 10 days past their due date ? Should I be worried ? Iv done some research and apparently because ivf babies due dates are spot on they shouldn't be left to go over as the placentas functionality decreases.
    I plan to speak to the midwife next time I see her but as far as I can tell they have noooo idea about ivf babies iv had a few questions in the past that they have completely blown off and most are shrugged off as me being paranoid iv been treated like any other patient which was fine until now where im getting anxious toward the ene and having an ivf pregnancy has not been mentioned since the first appointment I don't know if this is normal or who else I should turn to if I need a second opinion when the time comes.

The fact that even travel insurance companies have different policies for ivf babies and some don't cover at all must mean there is a substantial difference between a natural conception and ivf right ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if it helps, my ob hadnt mentioned anything about induction or s&s for me and i'd had my 39 wk appt 2 days before gen arrived I'd heard he doesnt let you go over 7 days post 40 wk and he was also the director of my ivf clinic so gets lots of ivf pts. I'm on the younger side though, I think a few girls mentioned it might relate more to that?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to stress Amandale. It seems there's alot of mixed info. The ob I am seeing ATM is not my FS so I don't know 'how' much she knows about ivf. I am only 30 so if it is an over 40's thing, she is a bit early. I think she may be a bit keen to give inductions in general anyway because the mw was telling me that if your dh works away, a lot do in this town, she will give you an induction so he can be there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ok That makes sense thanks ladies o was begining to worry because my hospital policy is that you must wait till 10 days over I'm really hoping I won't go over but just in case.
    I'm only 23 so if age is a consideration that could be why they haven't mentioned it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arrrhhh sooooo cute @rj85 !!!!!!!

Good luck for those due this week and next!!

Sorry to hear about all your aches and pains. I'll go no later (c section) than 37+5, only because of twins.

Has anyone noticed how sweet some old people are to you when pregnant? In the last week one slightly elderly fit man offered to take my trolly from me so I would've have to walk to trolly bay. Must remember to repay this favor a lot to elderly once nor pregnant. It was so sweet as every step walking now is like running another step in a 10k run. Also.... I think it'd be a good idea to allow expecting mums to park in pram and disabled bays.... only that I can't walk far anymore without cramping in my uterus/abdomen!
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 04-10-2014 at 10:28.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (04-10-2014),rj85  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BaoLovesLudo People are overly nice arent they, I have had so many people go out of their way for me- possibly because I look so damn awkward and huge!

This probably sounds weird but I want to feel Braxton Hicks so I have some sort of gauge how painful this is going to be!
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 04-10-2014 at 11:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish my Braxton Hicks werent always painful i went in for a ctg 2 days before gen arrived and the midwife commented I was having 3-5min contractions i could tell a few as mild tightenings but your belly goes hard with them, probably why my labour was quick cos it had been practicing without me realising!

more babies to come soon I'm soo excited!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BaoLovesLudo shopping isn't quite as fun anymore. I keep looking at the parents with prams spots and thinking how much easier it would be at the moment to park in those and the fact that the baby seat is in the car I might get away with it..... But I still can't bring myself to do it, so I just waddle from the next closest spot that I can find haha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kymbo82 For This Useful Post:

stillfuntryin  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    @BaoLovesLudo People are overly nice arent they, I have had so many people go out of their way for me- possibly because I look so damn awkward and huge!

This probably sounds weird but I want to feel Braxton Hicks so I have some sort of gauge how painful this is going to be!
    Mine havnt been painful either. My tummy just goes really tight but I have recently started to get period type pain and they said they are irregular contractions, so that sort of feeling, if you get it, might be more a slight beginning gauge.

I have been watching so much one born every minute lately! Trying to prepare I guess haha! Anyone wanting to try a water birth? Or try a tens machine?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to totalkaos For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (04-10-2014)