+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! It's official! Booked in for induction! Go in monday 3rd for a tues melbourne cup baby!!

I also have strep B and am having penicillin once in labour. Is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by GStef; 27-10-2014 at 17:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    having my swab done today.... fingers crossed it's negative ...seeing as I am allergic to Amoxycillin!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    having my swab done today.... fingers crossed it's negative ...seeing as I am allergic to Amoxycillin!!!
    I am allergic to amoxycillin and penicillan to there's usually other ones you can have though if need be
    I got my results back and they were negative So that's a plus

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    noted it with my MW yesterday, if it comes back positive she just needs to make sure it's not amoxycillin.

measuring at 35 weeks so still nice n compact, though I feel huge! And head is starting to engage!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GStef how exciting! Next week will be here beore you know it! I had another swab taken yesterday to see if I stil have it as I did have a course of antibiotics a couple of weeks ago now. they just give you a drip in labour.

So, I saw my ob yesterday, 36 weeks. He knows from the offset I would much rather a vaginal birth and he is very pro that and I have heard from lots of ppl (including the midwives when I had my hospital stay) that if he recommends a section you need to listen to him. Two weeks ago he dropped into conversation about he knows I don't want a section but we need to see what happens over the coming weeks. I am small and from the outset our baby has been big. Its now over 3kg and is two weeks ahead of itself growth wise. Yesterday he said to me I can book you in for a section if you want. I know he is worried about the baby getting stuck and also about damage to me that may cause problems later in life.....we had quite a chat about what damage could be done if I birth vaginally. We agreed I'd go back next week and see what's happening. I am all muddled in my head. The baby is nowhere near engaged and he's not convinced it will because of my pelvis size vs baby. I always envisaged going into labour at home, heading to the hospital and so on. I am scared of having a section, I don't want to feel tugging and just be handed my baby, I really wanted to go through the whole process. But, the other problem is I have GD so I can't go over. Which means come 40 weeks if nothing has changed and my baby still hasn't engaged I am going to have to have a section. I guess I am just venting really but I worry about recovery from a section...but then if I get induced for a natural birth there is more chance of needing intervention such as forceps/vacuum and then it could end up being a section anyway. I'm silly to worry about what people will say and think aren't I, surely the most important thing is that our baby gets delivered safely and I need to trust my ob and that is he recommends a section I need to listen t him (esp knowing he doesn't do them unless its purely for medical reasons)
    any advice would be great as I am struggling a bit in my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I struggled a lot once I was told I needed a section. I was worried what people will think as well as the recovery and that fact that I didn't get to experience child birth and felt like I was being ripped off and not a real woman.
    In the end I still feel that way but my health and my baby's health were more important than anything else.
    The recovery was a lot easier than I thought. The whole procedure was explained as they went. Everything they did they explained why they were doing it. The tugging feeling wasn't as bad as you imagine and once you see your baby you nearly forget what they are doing!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklemonkey For This Useful Post:

Molros  (29-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sparklemonkey thank you for much for replying You worded how I feel a lot better and in fewer words!

Do you feel you are pretty much recovered now? Was it hard not being able to do things? I have visions of people coming to see me and I am sat there in bed unable to move with a catheter hanging down

And how is motherhood treating you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros You are totally entitled to feel that way, society makes us feel so inadequate about not birthing "naturally" but as you and Sparkle have discussed, your and your baby's health are of the up most importance and your Dr wouldnt just suggest a c-section on a whim.

AFM 39+4 booked for a stretch and sweep on Friday 39+6 and an induction on Monday 40+2 after a melt down at the antenatal clinic because today's OB decided that he didnt want to do a stretch and sweep today as per my discussion with last weeks OB. After voicing my concerns about not recieving the care I expected and the health of my very much wanted IVF baby, the OB did a complete 180 and insisted that waiting for my next appt (approx 40+4) before making any moves was not ideal.

Thanks
    Reviews

LAST DAY!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
    It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! We are proud to announce the safe arrival of Max Galliano Stefanato, born at 7pm 31/10, weighing 7.3 pounds and 53cm tall! We are all doing well and are over the moon!!
    💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Long day 12hr labour, last half hour was very intense. Bubs was a little stressed but we were fully dilated. Needed forceps to turn him a bit then he came out perfectly. Had to be snipped and fade quite a few stitches. My OB and midwives were amazing!!!! I feel very lucky! Placenta decided it didn't want to come out either so I lost a fair bit of blood getting that out and as a results had really low blood pressure. Feeling a little better now. Just exhausted and sore!! In my case all I can say is lucky for the EPI. I would have definitely ended up c section without it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app