+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Skipping a bleed on logynon ed (triphasic pill)

Hi all...I have searched for this but haven't found an answer. I apologise if it has been asked and answered before!
    I'm on Logynon ed (triphasic pill) and want to skip my period this month. I do know that I have to throw out the white placebo pills and continue with the last 10 active pills of a new packet.
    My question is after I've finished taking those 10 pills, do I continue in order of the packet and take the sugar pills or do I take the rest of the active pills backwards?
    Has someone out there done it and have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you still got the packet with the leaflet in it? It would give you the best advice mine spells it out really easy what to do in case of missed or skipping. It would be the most reliable source next to a doctor or someone you trust on the same pill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With a triphasic pill the last 10 days of active pills have highest amount of hormones, so I think your planning on taking a month as normal and then another 10 of the last 10 days of the month again. This will delay your period 10 days. Then you should start new pack as normal (inactives first) and will get a period as normal. You will need to throw away the rest of the other pack.
    If you want to delay your period further than 10 days you would have to use another pack with the last 10 days of actives from it.
    If you take the lower strength actives straight away without taking the inactives, you will most likely get a period anyway.
    Hope that makes sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

mumof2cutekids  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I often skipped my period on logynon ed. I just skipped the sugar pills (the white ones) and continued on with the pills that followed in order of the packet. It meant no period till the next time you hit the sugar pills again. I'd often skip it for 3 months or so as I hated getting my period (just skipped the sugar pills and continued on as normal). No dramas here.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 02-10-2014 at 14:33.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

mumof2cutekids  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re instruction leaflet - you would think so wouldn't you? First place I looked but definitely no instructions on skipping or delaying!!