+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a reason he is not sleeping? Does he have reflux of similar? Will he take a dummy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmotherhubber View Post
    Is there a reason he is not sleeping? Does he have reflux of similar? Will he take a dummy?
    I dont know why, he seems to want to play non stop all day until he starts screaming cause he's so tired & overstimulated. No he wont take a dummy, we've tried different shapes. I dont think he has reflux. Hopefully the sleep consultant can help figure out why next week.

For now I guess ill just play with him all day like he wants because nothing else works

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have a seat that spins. Id sit myself down and grt comfy and make sure I had a pillow and blanket handy and spinning the chair gently from side to side while snuggling him in close. Still works on DS3 who is 15 months. I literally did this every single day for his sleeps for months. Yup no housework etc got done while he was asleep but it worked and we got through it. It wont last forever.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I dont know why, he seems to want to play non stop all day until he starts screaming cause he's so tired & overstimulated. No he wont take a dummy, we've tried different shapes. I dont think he has reflux. Hopefully the sleep consultant can help figure out why next week.

For now I guess ill just play with him all day like he wants because nothing else works

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hopefully they get to the bottom of it. My DD would never take a dummy either. I spent many hours stuck on the couch holding her. Crossing my fingers that you find a solution soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @heartstringz ive been reading some of your posts and can tell you are really struggling
    Alot of what you are going through sounds exactly what I went through with my dd, from the no sleeping, bubs falling asleep at the breast and just the struggle of feeling alone when your other half is at work... the amount of times I rang my dh absolutely beside myself that he had to leave work happened more than id like to admit. I attended 3 day stays at sleep school, had 1 week in a residential stay and had "sleep consultants" come to us.
    I also felt very isolated even though I could drive I barely left the house for fear of being judged and the stress of having to breastfeed in public. .. so I guess I just want you to know I hear where you are coming from and I really do understand. I haven't responded to any previous threads as you are getting quite alot of good advice and I can see there is alot of support for you.... anyways i dont know if its been mentioned before but I really think it sounds like bubs may have reflux. Just something to consider. My dd wasnt diagnosed until 3 months old and it was only after taking her to emergency dept that I got answers and the pediatrician's listened to me. All the gps and mchn I saw never understood how much I was struggling with her and put it down to my pnd diagnosis. One gp even said to me "babies cry!" Just like it was nothing. So I really do hear you.
    Also as hard as it may be to hear it, bubs will be picking up on your anxiety. Its hard but you need to try and find or make time for yourself. If bub is fed, clean, safe then pop him in a bouncer or swing and make a cuppa. Yes he might have a grizzle but that's ok!
    Even take him outside with you and enjoy some vit d together, it will do you both a world of good! Also I think it was you that mentioned back troubles and struggling with a carrier.. if so a stretchy wrap is a great start and will give you some freedom to get things done and he can fall asleep knowing he's with you. I understand if you feel "touched out" but just see the light at the end of the tunnel, this too shall pass ( I got this tattooed on me before dd turned 1 to remind me it does go quick and we survive)
    And I just want to let you know it does get easier, I promise! And really it goes so quick the time. Its great that you are looking for advice but just find what works for YOU and your BUB.. no-one knows better than you, even if you lack confidence believe this!
    You are doing a great job and you are a great mum. You wanting to find out all the answers to these issues shows this.
    If you ever need to chat pls pm me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There were 2 ways that I could get by DD to settle when she was hysterical crying as a newborn that are a bit different. First was the colic hold while walkimg around outside, second was in a stretchy wrap while I bounced on a fitball.

I agree with pp that they do pick up on your stress and when the crying would get too much i would put bub down walk into another room take a deep breath. Then go back pick her up and go outside in the fresh air and do a breathing exercise like 10 deep belly breaths. Then start again,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to inner hippy For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to suggest fitball as well. Also, is bubs already overtired by the time you start trying to get him to sleep? I really struggled with day sleeps at first until I realised I was keeping my baby up for way longer than he could handle. I started clock watching and put him to sleep when he'd been awake for 75 min when he was really little, then 90 min when he was a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How does your hubby settle him? He might be used to that? My DD liked to be held in a cradle position in arms, rocked while walking the floor and patting bottom. DS doesn't like that. He likes to be held upright and we walk the floor or sit and jig him up and down gently while patting his bottom. Both of them cry for a bit fighting sleep but do go to sleep. Then when asleep if walking we sit down and try to keep parting for a bit longer. I guess you need to find what your baby likes. Find iut what DH is doing if it works. The more overtired the harder it is at first to get them to sleep but hopefully he will!
    You are getting some help soon. The more upset you get, the baby does too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is he?
    When our bub (2 months) needs a sleep I make sure she's fed and clean and then if she doesn't drop off on her own (it's rare but it does happen) then I 'ignore and bore' her to sleep. For example, today I got the vacuum cleaner out, and the white noise sent her to sleep. Other days I've done the cleaning with her in a carrier and it's the movement and noise that does the trick. Running water, a boiling kettle, the sound of dishes being put away, tv/radio...

Also, if you haven't seen this article,check it out:
    http://www.babydoc.com.au/faq/colic-...baby-to-sleep/

I've posted the link several times on here just because I've found the info so useful. But I think it's for bubs under 3 months.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (02-10-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We find a bath helps DS to settle in the evening/night. Followed by a gentle massage around his belly, down his back and legs with a bit of olive oil.
    Can you try a bath and massage?
    I hope you get some relief. I feel for you every time I read your threads.