Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow that's pretty good
    Mostly 10-11 hours a day
    Dd has slept 12-13 a day since 14 weeks
    Sounds like he just needs another two 40min stints somewhere in the day

Sounds like he's nearly there.
    When he starts solids, it will probably improve
    Last edited by Kazza78; 11-10-2014 at 19:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Wow that's pretty good
    Mostly 10-11 hours a day
    Dd has slept 12-13 a day since 14 weeks
    Sounds like he just needs two 40min stints somewhere in the day

Sounds like he's nearly there.
    When he starts solids, it will probably improve
    I've got to strongly disagree with this. 11 hours total sleep for a baby this age is way insufficient. It should be around 14-15 hours. The lack of sleep, especially during the day, isn't good for babies growth or development.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/sleep-children

http://www.sleephealthfoundation.org...s-Lifespan.pdf

Not saying this to be hurtful OP, just wanted to let you know you are on the right path in trying to sort this out.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-10-2014),HeavenBlue  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I've got to strongly disagree with this. 11 hours total sleep for a baby this age is way insufficient. It should be around 14-15 hours. The lack of sleep, especially during the day, isn't good for babies growth or development.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/sleep-children

http://www.sleephealthfoundation.org...s-Lifespan.pdf

Not saying this to be hurtful OP, just wanted to let you know you are on the right path in trying to sort this out.
    Thanks Vicpark, I am currently working towards approx 14 hours sleep in 24 hours for his age

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS has only just stopped catnapping. Around 6 months he just naturally started sleeping past his first 45 minute sleep cycle. No matter what I did to tweak his routine he always automatically woke up after 45 minutes.

That said, I never let him 'get up.' When he woke after 45 mins, I consistently just did what I could to get another sleep cycle out of him. When he woke after 45 mins I would still keep him in his dark, quiet room until 1 1/2- 2 hours total had passed and rock or pat him back to sleep. Like VP, I agree that babies need more sleep so that is why I would do what I could to get another sleep cycle out of him. Around six months, when he dropped his late afternoon nap, he naturally started sleeping longer on his own. Now he has two 1 1/2 - 2 hour sleeps (morning and after lunch). I credit this to me being consistent with his nap routine but also him just being developmentally ready to sleep longer on his own.

Honestly, to me, your DS sounds over stimulated and I think you need to be diligent and consistent with the routine and tips the sleep consultant gave you. I used to be a night nanny, it can take up to 3 weeks to create a new sleep pattern/habit/routine. You need to keep trying and be consistent and not expect him to magically change overnight.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-10-2014),HeavenBlue  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry, that came off sounding short! Didn't mean it to sound mean at all, just stating from my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you need to trust yourself. Every baby different. You DO know what your son likes and doesn't like that's very clear in your posts.

My son was same as holygolightly. Only a cat napper. He only changed to multiple sleep cycles after 6 months when he was developmentally ready. He never did the recommended amount of hours sleep per day. He's a really advanced kid now. He was a 10 pound baby and bigger babies sleep less.
    Also I think boys are waaaay different to girls. If he's big, and if breastfed, he will also feed more often. 3 hourly can be a pipe dream in the day. I had to do : wake feed play feed sleep if there ever was any type of routine.

Don't send yourself crazy reading everyone's advice over and over. Keep in contact with your sleep lady. Get out in the pram everyday same time. The screaming sounds less in open air and you will get endorphins. Don't make the aim to get him to sleep. Aim to enjoy the fresh air.

Don't send yourself crazy stressing about routines. I would advise you to trust yourself. You know baby best. And if you're going nuts just try not to focus on mins/hours of sleep. Clock watching is stressful.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPRSH For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (11-10-2014),Piyamj  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub did this from day 5. He was super alert and interested in the world. One day he was awake from 7am -7pm. I would walk him, drive the car, try get him to sleep on me and nothing worked. Eventually I figured he was going to cry all day he may as well do it in his cot. I would sit next to him and pat him to sleep. Sometimes it took half an hour or more. Eventually he got the hang of it and now at 4 months, I put him down he Grizzles for a couple of minutes or sometimes not at all and sleeps. Only problem is he wakes after 45 mins and cannot be resettled. So we do 4 naps of 45 Mins and bedtime of 6.30-7. Much happier baby but wish he would sleep longer. I have to be on the ball to make sure I don't miss his tired signs or all hell breaks loose!
    I think some bubs just hate to miss out.