+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default He just wont sleep at all during the day.

What can I do in terms of getting ds to go to sleep during the day between now & wednesday when the sleep consultant comes out (it was the soonest appointment I could get)?

Ive tried everything under the sun & he will not go to sleep.

Im ready to just throw in the towel & just give up with trying to get him to go down, but then he screams from about 3.30 till about 8pm when dh finally manages to settle him.

Dh keeps saying 'oh just play with him, that might make him go to sleep.' He's been awake for 4 hours. Im pretty sure playing will just make it worse. I keep telling him that but he just cant seem to comprehend it.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heartstringz; 02-10-2014 at 10:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't read and not comment. My DS used to be like this. The only way he would sleep was on DP or I.
    I don't have much advice. Just hugs. I know how hard it can be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will he sleep on you? My DD wouldn't go in her cot when she was little so I used to sit down and lie her on her back on my legs - her head was at my knees and her legs were up against my body, and then I would hold her hands by her side and wave my legs from side to side. It used to send her off quite quickly and because I was sitting down I could watch tv while she slept. If she started stirring I just would wave my legs again and then gradually stop when she was asleep. I know it isn't a long term thing but just as a quick fix it might be worth trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you get him to settle on you? Im happy to do that at this point but he often wont even settle if I/someone else is holding him. Sometimes I can feed to sleep then hold him, but if that doesnt work im not sure how to do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1412210465.689167.jpg lying down like this on my legs :-) then rock legs from left to right - obviously keeping knees together lol

I also used a feeding pillow when I fed her so if she fell asleep while feeding I could leave her lying across me on the pillow ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1412210557.070545.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will give it a try, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Car or carrier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont drive. Im still getting him used to the carrier, he's only been in it a few times & at this stage will only last 10 minutes before he starts cracking up - he wont sleep in it yet.

He sleeps in his pram but as soon as I open the garage door to come back home he wakes up. Theres nowhere to walk to in order to give him a good hour-two hour sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I used a pillow while I say on the lounge n just gave him a gentle rock or pat n he quickly fell asleep. It certainly isn't a long term solution but it worked during the times he never slept. He now sleeps in his cot so it does get better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried your carrier yet? DD will only catnap if I put her in her bassinet during the day but in a wrap or carrier (I usually use a stretchy wrap) she sleeps for a good couple of hours and it gives me my hands free to eat, do some housework etc. I'd be lost without it! Especially with my 4yo to look after as well.

Eta- sorry just saw your last post.

He doesn't have a dummy does he? DD doesn't use hers often but it's good to have as back up. She only likes the cherry shaped ones.
    Last edited by Colbie; 02-10-2014 at 11:18.