+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Finding time to excercise - how do busy mum's do it???

How do buys mum's get time to excerise? I am so limited with school/child-cre/pre-school drop-off, work, husbands work and my lack of sleep due to children who never sleep through the night and back/ankle injuries. It is really getting me down - I only want to loose 5kg but it feels like 50kg at the rate I'm going. I've gained 9kg in 7 years and I hate it. Any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I get home from work me and the girls go outside in the backyard and I do my workout and they play. I find I can get a pretty decent one in at home just with a step for warm ups and everything else is body weight based.
    I also get up at around 4.30 and go for a run somedays, but that has been harder and harder since DD has become a bad sleeper

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put my youngest two in a double pram and go walking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do yoga on the living room floor with DD playing right next to me and the telly on. I figure if I can sit and watch 20 mins of telly I might be moving as well.
    Yoga is hardly gonna help weight loss though. There's some new thinking that about 90% of weight loss is dietary and only 10% from exercise. I think that's because for health you need about 30 mins moderate exercise most days, but for weight loss it's 1 hr most days which is pretty hard to attain. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to walk late in the afternoons, I would put my youngest in the pram and the older 2 would either ride their bikes, ride their scooters or walk along with me. Now that my teenage niece is older I get her to babysit for a hour each night and DH and I go to boot camp. It's great because I get a little break and DH and I get to spend time together and my niece earns a little bit of extra cash, plus my kids love having her come over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    How do buys mum's get time to excerise? I am so limited with school/child-cre/pre-school drop-off, work, husbands work and my lack of sleep due to children who never sleep through the night and back/ankle injuries. It is really getting me down - I only want to loose 5kg but it feels like 50kg at the rate I'm going. I've gained 9kg in 7 years and I hate it. Any tips?
    Don't worry too much about exercise. Focus on a healthy diet and you will lose weight.

My advice is to find a healthy eating plan that you can stick to, such as low carb, limiting calories, 5:2. If you stick to one of those you will lose weight.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you incorporate some walking into school/ childcare drop off or pick up? Are they close enough to home? This is what I'm planning to do next year when DS starts school. Also agree with PP, exercise is good, but if it is weight you want to lose, you need to look at your diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mobile PT comes early morning so I don't have to drive anywhere saves me time and DD1 can just do her regular thing around the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do workouts that are effective and quick. Like circuits, high intensity inteval training, etc. Or as above a PT that comes to you helps too.

I have a client that I go to her house and her girls play whilst she works out. Sometimes she ends up wearing the younger one but we make it happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do the school drop off in my gym clothes, then come home set the toddler up with food or an activity, put the baby in the floor to crawl around and play around me or in the high chair with food and then pop on a half hour workout DVD. Sometimes I have to pause to attend to the kids but any exercise is better than no exercise. I feel so much better after a workout, I have more energy, I'm more patient, I think I'm just a better mum in general so it's really important I make the time 5-6 days a week to fit it in.