+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While we're on the topic of Christmas gifts, do people get gifts for daycare teachers? I don't know my daughters teachers that well, even though she's been there all year! Thoughts / suggestions?

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those homemade hampers sound awesome!

As a former preschool teacher - please no chocolate!! To be honest we don't expect gifts although they are appreciated. Some of my favorites were an ornament made by the family, a little pot plant and a nice notebook. I also loved it when the centre received useful gifts - we did a lot of gardening at my centre and one of our families bought us a gardening book, another bought us a new saw for tree trimming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Every year I make salt dough Santa handprints with the kids and let DS1 use the leftover dough to make his own shapes to paint.

Last year we did canvasses too. DS1 did a Christmas tree out of handprints and DS2 did Mistletoes with his feet.

This year if I can get organised I want to make a handprint calendar with the kids to give to grandparents. I haven't been able to decide what type of paper to use though as I don't want it to break but don't want to laminate it.

"Insert witty signature here"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have FIL & MIL coming a few days before Xmas but that's all. No family here (big move interstate) so I want a feast but small ☺️

We probably won't wven have a tree unless we cut down a branch in the back yard!!

I'll try and sew some stockings. Dd will be getting a plastic cubby as we rent I don't want buy a good one for now I've been searching second hand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing because I love Christmas! Planning to do an activity with DS and DD each day in December and bought them each an Elf on the Shelf. DD is old enough to be excited this year too which makes me even more excited myself!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (03-10-2014)