+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I would like to add that I never got a darker line than the control line. But considering I was getting no line for days on end, as soon as I got a line I went for it. But never got a line even close to as dark as the control line. DS is now 6 months old. Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Emi  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I forgot to say with temping you need to take your temperature first thing in the morning. So before you get up, go to the toilet, shower, make a cuppa, morning nookie etc. I keep my thermometer on my bedside table so I basically roll over, grab it and stick it under my tongue. Once it's done I use my phone light to see what my temp is and then I roll over and let myself wake up properly. It's supposed to be more accurate if you do it vaginally, but I think it's too much effort for first thing in the morning haha. Most people I know do their temps orally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opks drove me nuts! Mine looked like yours pretty much all the time, I never got one as dark as the control. I had an u/s at one point that proved I'd just ovulated but the opks leading up to it still looked like yours. Even the expensive smiley-face ones (can't remember the brand name) never gave me a smile.

Meanwhile I'm nearly 10w preg..... maybe some people just don't produce enough FSH to activate the tests, but still ovulate.

I didn't use temping but it does seem to work for many people, can't hurt to try it. Good luck and try not to obsess (tricky I know)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleLeaves For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLeaves View Post
    Opks drove me nuts! Mine looked like yours pretty much all the time, I never got one as dark as the control. I had an u/s at one point that proved I'd just ovulated but the opks leading up to it still looked like yours. Even the expensive smiley-face ones (can't remember the brand name) never gave me a smile

Meanwhile I'm nearly 10w preg..... maybe some people just don't produce enough FSH to activate the tests, but still ovulate.

I didn't use temping but it does seem to work for many people, can't hurt to try it. Good luck and try not to obsess (tricky I know)

its so hard not to obsess!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you Emi! I can't use temping because I seem to have a continuous cold that throws my temps out of whack. I'm thinking about using the clearblue digital but since my cycles are irregular that could get quite expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck everyone!

fingers crossed our bodies are kind to us and we can find out what works best soon....

otherwise i guess we might just have to have special every night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my friend said to give the opk's a break (which we have) and to just enjoy ourselves....

now i may be seeing things.... but i did this test this morning and sent it straight to my friend who swears she can see two lines... i think i can see a very faint second line but unsure....

im not due until the 20th of October so still early days...

but what do you all think?
    WP_20141012_006.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely think I can see something!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Emi  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WP_20141012_025.jpg

just did a first response test.... looks a bit clearer then the ebay cheapiers

Thanks
    Reviews
    For what it's worth, OPKs didn't work for me either. I tried them before we started TTC to figure my cycle out and never got a positive. But got pg first month of DTD and not worrying about checking if I was ovulating.

That was a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage) got my period 5 days late so I am not testing next time til my period is over a week late.

Good luck to you, I can see lines on both tests. It is all very exciting