+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ovulation test ques...

hi ladies...

i've never used ovulation tests before and am a bit overwhelmed...

below is pic of the test.... on the instructions it said that a fainter or no test line means that there was nothing detected.... my test has two lines (one a little fainter then the other) but does this mean im not ovulation at all? or that i am about to ovulate/have just ovulated?

im so confused by this all... i have only just come off my pill (stopped on saturday) so doc suggested doing a ovulation test just to see where i was at.... but im so confused by it all....

V__D099(1).jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think from memory you do them a few days in a row and the second line will get as dark as or darker than the control line when you're about to ovulate. Then after you've ovulated the second line gets light again. The instructions normally tell you what day of your cycle to start testing based on your cycle length. If you don't have the instructions try googling ovulation test instructions I'm sure you'll find a document to explain it.

Another way to check when/if you're ovulating is by charting your basal body temperature.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

Emi  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Emi Looks like you are about to ovulate. I would do another test tomorrow and see if its darker. Good luck

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

Emi  (02-10-2014),HeavenBlue  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i did another test this morning and looked the same....
    WP_20141002_002.jpg

so did this test ... it was taken this afternoon around 1pm... looks negative to me...
    WP_20141002_006.jpg
    Last edited by Emi; 02-10-2014 at 13:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emi, I'm having the same problems as you and thinking of giving up on the opks. One day I had two lines almost the same. The next day no second line at all. Makes no sense. Plus, they say not to use fmu, but if your urine is diluted it won't work. How are you supposed to have enough pee for the test if you can't use fmu and you can't have diluted pee??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always tested with FMU because I drink so much water through the day that its too dilute and useless. Whatever you do, test at the same time roughly each day. Will give you a more consistent reading. Even with FMU I was getting consistent results. I would start on around CD 10 and would get a positive around CD14-15 which was consistent with my temps of an ovulation day of CD16. For the test to be positive your test line needs to be as dark as if not darker than the control. It's usually pretty obvious when it's positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    this stuff is all so confusing......

i'll remember to do it at the same time each day then for better results and see if that makes a difference...

how do you count your CD? is CD1 the first day of your period?

anyone else had experience coming off the pill and figuring out ovulation? ive only been off my pill for a week.... can the pill effect the opk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    CD1 is the first day of full flow. I often spot for a day or two beforehand, then when I see fresh blood that's CD1.

Have you tried temping? It will give you a better picture of your cycle. I've stopped this month and I actually miss it, because I don't know what's happening in my cycle (well I do because of scans and blood tests with the FS). This month looks like a dud too, so I will start temping again once I'm at CD1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no i havent tried temping.... can you explain that?

i've tried googling a few things but its a bit overwhelming.

should i wait until i get a period and start counting from there? as ive been on the pill the last period i had would have been a 'fake'.... but my doctor has also told me that my body sometimes rejects the pill and i ovulate while on it anyway.... so its all very confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    no i havent tried temping.... can you explain that?

i've tried googling a few things but its a bit overwhelming.

should i wait until i get a period and start counting from there? as ive been on the pill the last period i had would have been a 'fake'.... but my doctor has also told me that my body sometimes rejects the pill and i ovulate while on it anyway.... so its all very confusing.
    Ok so temping is looking at your basal body temperature (BBT). The idea is that you take your temperature everyday at the same time. Mine has to vary because of shift work, but I can still see the changes. Basically when you ovulate your temperature rises and stays elevated for the luteal phase of your cycle. When pregnant, your baseline temp stays at the higher level. BBT won't help you pinpoint when ovulation is going happen, but it will tell you when it's happened. It's a great way to see what's happening in your cycle, ie what day you're ovulating, how long your luteal phase is, and can help you work out if your cycle is at least consistent. I'll attach a copy of one of my charts so you can see what I mean. You would need to get a specific ovulation thermometer as the temperature shift can be quite slight. They cost about $10-$20 at the chemist.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1412504424.379650.jpg

ETA: take it from the first day of your most recent period. Will give you a chance to sort out roughly where you are in your cycle and when to expect AF (if your cycles were consistent before going on the pill). Mine were fairly consistent when I came off the pill falling into a 25-26 day cycle.
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 05-10-2014 at 20:22.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Emi  (05-10-2014)