+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    When my hot water ran out and I needed more for pain relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 - induced so in hospital for whole thing. From when they put the gel in until I was holding him it was 7 hours.

DS2 - Contractions started at 2:30am. Went to hospital 2.5 hours later and had him another 4 hours later.

They said labour was around 4 hours for both.. I'm not sure how they got that number though.

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Contractions started Sunday night at about 10 minutes apart, by 5am Monday they were about 2mins apart, rang the hospital and they said to come in, my waters broke as soon as I got to the hospital but I was only 2cm dilated. Waited until about midday but I was still only 2cm and the pain was excruciating, Ob physically checked my progress (without so much as asking me) while I was mid contraction which was so incredible painful that I just totally lost focus and control so I got an epidural which in hindsight I regret. I didn't dilate any further than 2cm and at 4pm Ob suggested a cesarean as DD's heart rate was dropping. She was born by emergency C at 4:30pm.

Next time I'll try to stay home as long as possible, I handled the pain much better at home and everything just seemed to stall when I got to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Number 1 I was induced.

Number 2 I called birth suite when my contractions were 5 mins apart and went in about 45 mins after that. I had only been having pain with the contractions for about an hour before I went in. I was in transition when I got there and baby was born 40 mins later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh made me page the mw as I'd been cramping for a few hours. He was so nervous as we live an hour from the birth centre and his biggest fear was that he would need to deliver dd on the side of the freeway. It was a Sunday morning so I held off until 7am as 'didn't want to disturb anyone too early' for what I thought was nothing as they were bearable (i was hanging up a load of washing during them fine) and they had only been going inconsistently for 7ish hours

Turns out I was 7cm when we arrived and dd was born 2hrs later. Poor dh nearly did het his roadside delivery as I was happy to stay home!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 was induced.
    Ds2 I was having contractions for a couple of hours at home, around 3-5 mins apart. Was handling them fine and didn't feel the need to go to hospital yet, only lived 3 minute drive away, water hadn't broken and didn't feel I needed any pain relief, just sitting on a fit ball. My mum suggested I call and let them know we would be coming in the next few hours but they suggested coming in now as contractions were close and it was bub #2 so we went in. Was 8cm on arrival and bub was born 30 mins later. Luckily we went in when we did or he would have been an accidental home birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke at 1.30am and contractions started an hour and a half later, but they were full on 3-4 in 10 minutes right from the get go and really intense (found out after he wasn't positioned very well hence the intense back and hip pain). We rang at 5am (2 hours of contractions at this point so over the minimum 1 hour they wanted us to wait before calling) hospital said to stay home longer. I was not happy! Rang back half an hour later as they were ramping up and said we were coming in.

Got to hospital around 6am, DS was born 5 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    #1 I was induced, but #2 I rang the hospital an hour after my contractions started. They were only every 10 minutes or so but I'd had a quick first labour and I was GBS positive. Let them know I was coming in, did some washing, dropped DS1 at childcare and arrived an hour after I called. DS2 was born two hours after that.

Had I stayed home until the contractions were every two minutes or until I couldn't handle the pain he would have been born on the kitchen floor.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With all mine I have gone in pretty much as soon as my contractions started, they have always started at 3 mins apart and have all been very fast.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so many people were induced first time around but went naturally 2nd time! That gives me hope, I'd love to avoid being induced this time!