+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This time I arrived 2 hours before bubs was born. Don't know how far along I was as wasn't checked this labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First 2 I was induced.
    Third one I went to a checkup at about 11am where I was told I was actually in labour and was 4-5cm, and to go and pack a bag and come straight back.
    I didn't, and at about 630pm the contractions were starting to get a bit bitey,so I stayed and watched Home and Away lol then went to hospy at aabout 730pm. He was born 2 hours later.

It was great doing it like that, much more comfortable.
    Though if I ever had another baby I've decided I would like to just stay at home and not go to hospital at all!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds1 I phoned my middy about 12am with regular medium strength contractions and she suggested I have a shower and come in when I no longer felt comfortable at home. I made it another 2.5hrs at home, got to hospy at 3am was 9cm and had bub 2.5hrs later.

Ds2 I didn't make it, phoned my middy with regular medium strength contractions at 11.30am, she agreed to come to the house to check on me and decide whether to go to hospy ( I told her I definitely didn't think I was ready for hospy!), she ended up getting to me just in time to catch Ds2 at 12.15pm.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 02-10-2014 at 05:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first I was induced so already there. It didn't work at all so had c section. Labour never began.

Second I expected a long labour as it was going to be my first actual one! But it happened so quick I was 9 cm when I got to hospital. Eeek. A bit scary but I'm glad I wasn't there really early as it was a vbac so pressure for continuous monitoring etc

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    First I woke up with contractions at 7am, they were very close together and painful by about 11am and the midwife said to come in. Had a long, posterior, nightmare labour which ended in a c-sect at 7am the next day

Second I was induced at 38weeks due to pre eclampsia.

Am now pregnant with #3 and would love to stay home as long as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke and there was a bit of blood, called the hospital and they said to come in. Went in, they monitored bub for about half an hour, checked my pad and sent me home (no contractions at that stage) with an appointment for 9am the next day. Went to that appointment, contractions were irregular so they checked bubs heartbeat again and sent me home with an appointment to be induced at 9am the next day. Contractions got stronger and stronger and I ended up going in there at 5am, was 5cm dilated and DD was born at 3:10pm.
    I'm so glad they let me go home each time after checking on bub, I would have hated if they kept me in there for the extra 2 days, was much more comfortable at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    With #1 i was induced.

With #2, I'd been in labour for about 9 hours when I realised something wasnt right (heavy bleeding started, hospital advised to come in ASAP).

With DS3 my waters broke and we left for the hospital an hour later, 3 hours after my waters broke DS3 was born.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got woken up by really bad back pain. Called the hospital & they said it was probably braxton hicks but to monitor & call back in an hour. I had a show & the pain got worse so we called back 45 minutes later & were told to come in. By the time I got there & was checked I was already 4cm. So I got to hospital about an hour & a half after I was aware of the contractions

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    #1 induced at 42 weeks

#2 laboured at home while mum rushed over (about 30 mins to an hour). Raced to hospital and DD was born just 15 minutes after arriving in the delivery suite.

I hated the brief time I laboured at home. I was single and home alone waiting for mum and terrified that I'd give birth at home.

Turned out I had retained placenta, PPH and lost 2.5 litres of blood after #2 was born so my fear was well justified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My contractions STARTED at 2 mins apart lasting 90 seconds. I rang the hospital and was asked if it was my first baby and to stay at home for as long as possible. After 2 hours I went to hospital and 2 hours later DD was born so a 4 hour labour start to finish.
    2 at home and 2 at hospital. I'm a little concerned how quick my 2nd (still single but I'm being positive) will be.
    I'm also scared how painful the afterbirth pains will be coz it was hell for my first and that was doped up with pain relief for my 3rd degree tear.