+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Stroller check in

This might seem like a stupid question but I have been looking at baggage policies on international flights and it says for infants under 2 baby items like strollers will be checked free of charge, would that apply for a child over 2? DS2 will be 3 so will have his own seat and baggage allowance so does the stroller then come under that or is it still the same as for a infant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some airlines will let over 2's take one piece of equipment free, normally get a choice of car seat, stroller and maybe portacot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This isn't for an international flight but for a domestic - I recently spoke to Tiger about this and they told me I could carry ONE of the items free for our two year old. So we are using the stroller for that and fortunately our portacot can fit into our luggage so we bought a piece of checked baggage. Worth calling the specific airline that you are traveling with to ask them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sycx View Post
    This isn't for an international flight but for a domestic - I recently spoke to Tiger about this and they told me I could carry ONE of the items free for our two year old. So we are using the stroller for that and fortunately our portacot can fit into our luggage so we bought a piece of checked baggage. Worth calling the specific airline that you are traveling with to ask them.
    I agree with this. Best calling the airline and asking. We were meant to be flying with airnorth and dd4 (4 months so infant) could take 1 item free. The others all had to have their car seats, portacot and stroller as part of their 20kg baggage allowance (including dd3 who is 2).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We flew Air NZ, DD1 was 4, we bought a cheap stroller whilst in the US planning on leaving it at the airport but they let us bring it back free of charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't booked our ticket yet because we are still waiting for our dates to be released but at this stage it looks like we will be flying Virgin so I have sent them a email asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We flew Emirates internationally and had a stroller checked free of charge. Our son was 2.5.