+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Redlands public info needed :)

Hi. I'm looking for any information on Redlands hospital. This is my first and I'm trying to work out if I should go private and get into Mater - Southbank or stay public. My DH is great but all he says is "we'll do whatever you want"!! Any info would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    My experience isn't very recent but tl I had DS2 there 7 years ago. I had a straight forward birth and the Midwives were lovely. I was encouraged to move around and find a comfortable position even though I was induced (2 weeks overdue) and hooked up to monitors and an IV. They were happy for me to give birth on my Knees (a completely different experience to my first through the Private Hospital). The rooms are mostly single which was great. Parking is free which is huge bonus (I had my youngest 2 at the Mater and felt like I spent a small fortune on parking!)

The only negative I had was when visiting the Midwife appointments they were always behind a far bit.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to give birth to my twins there (lost them at 15w due to PROM) in March and I wouldn't hesitate in having my next child there. They were fantastic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my last two there and while I had straight forward births...I have no complaints

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wasn't totally happy with my midwife at Redlands public, insisted on a few things I'd really have preferred to have not worried about, but still not too bad and no major complaint. Have done both private and public at Redlands and would choose the public again if we had another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would highly recommend redlands.

I went there when I was having a miscarriage and then a d&c in 2011 and found them great.

I then went there again for my ds whom is 2 next month and couldn't fault them.

There was one midwife during my stay on the ward that I didn't particularly like but not for anything she did or said. I think it was just a personality clash. All of the other midwives were lovely.

I felt well supported during labour and they listened to my birth plan (which was mainly just pain relief preferences).

I didn't have a great deal of ante natal appointments there because I did shared care with my gp, but those that I did I didn't find them to be overly behind schedule. First up in the morning was always better as they didn't have a chance to get behind. Plus I only saw midwives except once as I was low risk.

If we decide to have another baby we will be going to redlands again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I both had our baby's at Redlands public hospital. Only complaint is that they gave sleeping tablets in the early stages of labor. Had the option to say no but didn't know any better. Felt doped out which was unnecessary. Also I was induced when really I didn't need to be, but also didn't know any better.

Sent from my SM-T310 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a scheduled cesarean there last September due to Placenta Praevia. They were awesome and loved having the single room.

I was in for 5nights and did find it hard not having my partner there for those first nights, especially as a FTM.

All my midwives were great aside from one.
    This is more to do with nurses, but I ended up with 3 blown veins in my arms and wrists due to the needle being inserted incorrectly. It was excruciating but I guess it could happen anywhere!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Thanks

Thanks to you all for the info. DH and I have decided to go public and have our bub at Redlands.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to weeniki For This Useful Post:

whosurnanny  (10-10-2014)