+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's hard isn't it. Roll with it. If he needs a decent sleep let him stay there. Have a bfing station set up where you are with food, water, remotes, phone etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im trying but its hard, getting really touched out.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feed to sleep, and I also found it so frustrating when I'd feed her to sleep then try and pop her in her bassinet for her to just wake right up.
    Once I side-carred her cot at 5.5 mths, it made everyone's life so much easier as I could feed her to sleep (I don't feed lying down so it's either football hold or cross cradle on a pillow) then slide her over to her cot. If she does wake, I pop a paci in which can help. I have to admit, for at least one nap a day she naps on my lap, and I just chill out with her so we both get a rest.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Piyamj For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cant side car the cot, it wont fit in our room I do try to let him have a sleep on me cause its usually the only sleep he gets during the day, its just frustrating when he wont finish his feed & im worried he's not getting enough. He wakes up as soon as I move though so its hard keeping still for that long

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've found a couple articles useful with bub #2 and I keep referring back to them. Because I *don't* feed on demand with this bub or feed to sleep during the day (complete opposite to bub#1). If your bub falls asleep soon after starting the feed then I reckon they are more tired than hungry and are demanding sleep not food.

One of these articles has a list of early tired/overstimulated signs....
    • Loose eye contact or have difficulty focusing
    • Have jerky arm and leg movements
    • Have a worried look on his face
    • Close his fists
    • Pulling at his ears
    • Yawn
    • Grizzle or whinge
    • Pull legs up
    • Arch backwards
    • Crying – late sign!
    http://breastfeedingqueries.wordpres...with-the-wind/

... and this one, about boring your bub to sleep
    http://www.babydoc.com.au/faq/colic-...baby-to-sleep/
    Last edited by debsch; 01-10-2014 at 20:10. Reason: mummy brain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Cant side car the cot, it wont fit in our room I do try to let him have a sleep on me cause its usually the only sleep he gets during the day, its just frustrating when he wont finish his feed & im worried he's not getting enough. He wakes up as soon as I move though so its hard keeping still for that long

Babies that fall asleep with a sleep aid (such as feeding to sleep) are more likely to wake up when you put them down/through the night. When bub moves from one sleep cycle to another they momentarily wake and then go "what the... Where's that boobie/bottle that was with me when I fell asleep."

It's not easy... But if you can try not to let bub fall asleep on the boob you will reep the rewards (less waking) in the long run. Try feeding bub earlier (when not as tired). Follow the eat, play, sleep method (and not eat, sleep, eat, play). Use a wet face washer to tickle bubs face/feet. Sit bub up and burp bub regularly.... Put bub to bed drowsy but not asleep. You may have to use a shush/pat technique at the start however try and make sure you stop before bub is actually asleep.

Good luck