+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gosh never realised there were others out there in the same situation. My kids are usually up at 5 am and it sucks. They sometimes just watch tv and eat fruit quietly but other mornings they are at each other and screaming the house down.

My DD1 (5yrs) this morning got up at 1 am and demanded that daddy come out and watch tv with her because she can't sleep. This has been happening at least once a week, usually she just goes to the lounge room strips her clothes off and watches tv until she falls asleep again. Any ideas on what to do? it can't be good for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 early risers here too, usually 5am ish. They feel the need to wake me up at this time too, DD usually starts with "Is it morning yet?" especially if it is still dark. I was getting used to the early mornings, but now that DS2 has come along and wants to cluster feed until 11pm, I am struggling with the early mornings again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *yawn* ds1 has been up since 4am today. We went out for dinner last night so got the boys to bed late.... 7:20pm!!!!!! It's so frustrating that going to bed an hour later makes such a difference. He wakes up earlier and seems to have more energy! Ds2 woke at 5:30am today instead of his usual 6:30-7 so he is a bit clingy and cranky. I think I'll go for a long drive today so they both can have a nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got one early riser (7) and one who loves a cuddle and sleep in (almost 6).

I'm hoping next baby is another cuddly one

Our early riser has gone from 6:30 waking to 5ish. The clocks going forward this weekend will help us all as it will be darker again in the morning. I'm even finding I'm waking earlier myself due to the early sunrise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For those with littlies that are a bit older, I found the greatest solution last night. I bought my kids a groclock ages ago, but they didn't like it, they found it distracing and kept coming and getting me to tell me they didn't like it.
    After months and months of 4:30am wake ups I went looking for it again yesterday and couldn't find it, so I jumped online to try and find a new one (or alternative) to buy. My 4.5 year old sat with my while I looked, but kept saying no to all the ones I looked at, but pointing at the normal adult bed side clocks saying he wanted one of those.
    And then it dawned on me... he can read the time. Why don't I just give him a normal clock??? We had one lying around, so I put it in their room last night. He was so excited. I said to him, "what time is your bed time?" he replied "7:30" I said to him "and what time are you allowed to get up in the morning?" he replied "6:00", I said to him "so if you wake up in the morning, and the first number is a 5 or a 4, what will you do?" he replied "stay in bed"!

And that's exactly what he did!!!! Total win.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (08-10-2014)