+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh yes! All of my little dears have been early risers as little ones. DS2 (nearly 3) is up at 5am regardless of when he goes to bed. My 9 year old generally wakes at 6.30 but she gets up, gets dressed for school, makes her breakfast, packs her school bag, does her hair etc... My DS1 (6.5) has to be dragged out of bed by his ears on school mornings now!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Daylight saving will make it easier as the clocks go forward!

The lighter mornings have meant my DS has started waking at 5.20am without fail. Not impressed. Also means he is awake when we are trying to get ready for work which is not ideal either. He used to sleep until 6.30.
    Well not really. They will think they have slept later and so intentionally wake each other earlier and earlier to compensate.
    And then when it finishes i will have to break the habit of 4am starts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd2 is an early riser- most mornings its 5.30/6, but she went through a stage of 3/4am! It was torture. Thankfully though she will get up and just turn the tv on and sit on the couch until dd1 wakes up (usually 6/7am) and they have breakfast etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My DS has always been an early riser. Most of the time he is quiet and happy to chill with tv and his tablet playing games or watching you tube. The day he grows out of it will be the day this mumma loves early mornings and will want everyone up haha.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yep, my nearly 5 year old is a 4:30-5:30am riser. The crazy thing is, he doesn't nap through the day, and doesn't go to bed till 7:30, so he's only getting 10 hours sleep at the very most per day, but he doesn't act like it? Like he's happy, active, and never grumpy tired or anything like that. I have no idea how he copes so well on so little sleep for his age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Have you tried a gro clock?
    Yes. The problem I found was that it didn't change the time he woke up, just increased the frequency of how often he would wake his brother and sister - as him playing in his room was closer to them than him getting up and moving away from the bedrooms to the lounge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH has taken ds1 and dd out during lunchtime so ds2 and I could have a nanna nap - so I'm feeling much better now! I usually roll ok with the early get up but he woke ds2 again and ds2 (14months) hasn't been coping with such an early wake up, plus both ds1 and dd woke me up during the night on top of my usually million pee wake ups (I'm 36weeks preg). Sigh. Thanks for all the replies I'll be thinking of you all bright and early tomorrow morning :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Same here, and it doesn't matter what time DS4 goes to bed. Even if he is zonked because we have done something interesting for the day - he stayed up till 9:30pm for NYE. Nothing works, he will sometimes get up at 3am and think it is morning and he will then scream he house down and wake all the others up if I try and put him back to bed. It is so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    yep, my nearly 5 year old is a 4:30-5:30am riser. The crazy thing is, he doesn't nap through the day, and doesn't go to bed till 7:30, so he's only getting 10 hours sleep at the very most per day, but he doesn't act like it? Like he's happy, active, and never grumpy tired or anything like that. I have no idea how he copes so well on so little sleep for his age.
    This is my 5 yr old, too. Everyone said full time school this year would make him more tired, but nope! I have actually never heard the words 'I'm tired' leave his mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning! Feeling much better this am - ds1 slept til 5.20, bliss!!