+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The plans I want - I want a funeral pyre, with all my family and friends drunk as sh1t and telling stories of my life. I don't want tears and sadness. I want celebration, that they knew me and they loved and were loved by me, that we made memories and had laughs and tears and nerf gun fights. I want my death to be every bit as memorable as my life was. I want my enemies to come out of respect, to say their final goodbyes and know their lives will never be the same again either. I want them to be just as drunk and tell their stories as well.

I want my parting gift to be a celebration of vibrance, love, laughter, music, dancing and light, the same way I live my life. And then I want my ashes scattered to the four winds so I can finally visit everywhere I want to.

I guess I'll settle for cremation though. I think funeral pyres are frowned upon these days.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    2 requests
    1) Cremation
    2) Another One Bites the Dust to be played

I love that! I just told dh thats the song I want played. Awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Dad was terminal so he picked the songs ect for his funeral it made it so nice and personal. He was cremated and is in a box in mums cupboard, mum wants to be buried and when the time comes he will go in mums coffin it what they both want.

I think it's good to talk about its a fact of life. I want to be cremated, and have a celebration with everyone wearing lots of colour.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I only know so far I want any useable organs donated.

I can never decide on if I want to be buried or cremated.
    I have absolutely no idea what d would like and I don't know how to start that conversation with him as I know it would bum him out. We haven't organised wills yet because he can't handle the thought of the finality...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park played at the funeral. I want to be cremated and stuck in one of those bios urns that has a tree seed in it so I can
    be turned into tree food and at least something pretty will come out of it. If I get my family on board we could be a forest! For the rest, go for cheap and easy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apart from practical things, like I would like to have my organs donated where possible, I really don't care how my actual funeral is. I find it really foreign to be saying "I want ..... to happen, this song played, I want people to wear the colour orange..." etc - because honestly, I think the funeral isn't actually for ME. It's for my friends and family to grieve for me/ celebrate my life, in a way that is meaningful for THEM. So why would I care what song is playing when I won't be able to hear it? They are the ones who have to hear it, I'll let them choose!

I've spoken to DH before about if I died - I would want my children to grow up knowing that I loved them fiercely, and how special they are. I've told him to make sure that someone talks to my girls about AF, etc, because I'd hate for them to be suprised and not know what's happening to them! I've told him that if he remarries, she had better love my children dearly and treat them as her own, or I will come back and haunt him (and her :P). We have a will. So the things I care about are making sure my children are taken well care of - but the funeral itself, I say let them do what they want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All I know at the moment is that I want any usable organs donated; and that I want "See Ya Later Alligator" to be played as they lower me into the ground.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is something that I have thought about and discussed with DP recently....it never even crossed my mind until I lost my mum quite suddenly earlier this year, and we all basically had to work out for ourselves what she may have wanted, as it was something that she hadn't discussed. She was only 44, so we really didn't think that we'd be facing it so soon, but I've realized the importance of having your wishes known, even if you think it might be awhile off.

Anyhow.....I always kind of thought that I wanted to be cremated....until my mother was. It just felt wrong to me in a way and hard to fathom that she was burnt? I don't know, but I realized that I didn't want that.

I'd like any viable organs to be donated, and I would like to be buried. One idea I came across was the idea of being buried in a biodegradable box, with a tree planted on top. I love that idea, going back to nature and life coming from death But I'm not sure if it is done anywhere in Australia, it's something that I do need to look into.

Most of all, I want to be buried at a place where friends and family can come visit to celebrate my life or mourn in private. I think it's incredibly important for healing purposes. My grandparents currently have my mums ashes in a memorial garden in their backyard, and whilst it's a beautiful sentiment, I didn't really feel as though I could just come and go uninterrupted in the early stages of grieving, which made it difficult. Also, her friends don't have anywhere to visit, which would be hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have no plans except for donating most of my organs.

My DH on the other hand has some specific requests.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I want everyone to learn a choreographed dance at my funeral so that everyone can dance together and have one big party on my grave.
    There should be drinking games and maybe tequila slammers out of my belly button for those who are game (too far?), nobody leaves sober!!
    I also want all my enemies invited so I can have bouncers at the door who will then explain to them that they should have been nicer to me when I was alive if they wanted to come to my awesome funeral.
    Last edited by tazz475; 07-10-2014 at 20:00.