+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sycx View Post
    I stand corrected. I just checked with hubby again and he said that it doesn't have to be a casket as such - but most crematoriums require a container that meets certain requirements like leak proof, combustible etc.
    Makes sense. I have no idea what she had. Some of the caskets cost a fortune and it seems over the top given they are either burnt or buried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 requests
    1) Cremation
    2) Another One Bites the Dust to be played

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Makes sense. I have no idea what she had. Some of the caskets cost a fortune and it seems over the top given they are either burnt or buried.
    Tell me about it. Hubby tells me that some people spend as much on the casket as they do on the actual service and stuff!! We've agreed that we both just want basic models to us, the money is better spent elsewhere. But I understand how in different cultures, the act of sending the deceased to the afterlife or wherever they are going means that families do go out all sending them off in style and with expensive everything. So I guess there is a reason why expensive caskets do exist - there is a market for it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our plots at the cemetery are leased already (buried our stillborn 13 weeks ago). I'll go in with our baby and DH will be next to us. We know what grave and headstone design we want. I want Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park to be played. I want every piece of me that can be donated and used to help others to be taken if possible. I don't want any religious stuff. I want people to laugh and remember the good times. Yep, have thought about it lots (even before we lost our baby).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cremated and ashes spread at a special childhood spot. Other than that neither DH and I have planned anything. It pains me to say - we don't even have wills...and we both lost a parent young - so we know all to well that it can happen any time. I've got to get my **** into gear and do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    Have you decided on what sort of funeral if any that you would like have you made those plans or do you just know what you want or maybe it doesn't matter once your gone.
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Organ donation as well!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (02-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is really interesting to read...

I want to be buried in a bio disposal box in Christchurch. There's a place there that's kind of a forest/swamp land. You don't get a head stone, I'd like to go back to nature. (I assume they keep records etc of where bodies are buried)

I do not under any circumstances want to be cremated. Don't want to be burnt alive just incase they declared me dead and I wasn't!

I'm an organ donor, they can take everything but my eyes and skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want a bright pink stilleto shaped casket, I dont care how you fold me in (but I can't wear heels in real lift so it's my big chance). I want a catholic service, have chosen my songs, and my plot will be with my mum.

My dad's ashes were with us for a while, we dressed the box up for christmas and easter, the royal wedding etc - and always put a glass of wine next to it for him.

Spreading the ashes in the ocean was interesting - there was heaps more than expected and the tide changed and we got 'dad' all over us. Gotta see the funny side sometimes, he would have.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (07-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Cremated and ashes spread at a special childhood spot. Other than that neither DH and I have planned anything. It pains me to say - we don't even have wills...and we both lost a parent young - so we know all to well that it can happen any time. I've got to get my **** into gear and do something about it.
    I'm not sure what I want ...was making me depressed thinking about it ....As sad as it is I think I only want my kids to be there.
    I don't speak to my Brother or Sisters because of what went on at my Mums funeral....and I have NO friends so just the kids ...The only thing that I'm leaning towards is cremation don't want to be alone in a coffin ...already played that part of alone in life don't want to play it in death also....last thing would be for my kids to play the music that I love ...that reminds them of me ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm scared of death. I admit it. It is quite a thing for me. But at the end of the day - we all will go there, and maybe it is ok to make it lovely - memorable? With the music you love and the people you love - even if that is just the kids. You know? Maybe we have it all wrong? Maybe we should take a lead from other cultures where death is celebrated because it is just the next step...not the end. You know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    I'm not sure what I want ...was making me depressed thinking about it ....As sad as it is I think I only want my kids to be there.
    I don't speak to my Brother or Sisters because of what went on at my Mums funeral....and I have NO friends so just the kids ...The only thing that I'm leaning towards is cremation don't want to be alone in a coffin ...already played that part of alone in life don't want to play it in death also....last thing would be for my kids to play the music that I love ...that reminds them of me ....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (02-10-2014)