+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No morbid service. In fact is be happy to get cremated and the family to have a memorial later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I only have one request and that is to be cremated.
    Me too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want them to play "Ding Dong the witch is dead". I think it would lighten the mood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my dad's funeral 2 years ago (exact to the day), at his request they played Highway to Hell as his casket rolled in to the crematorium!!

DH and I have wills and I have noted in mine that I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered at the same place my dads were. DH has told me a few songs he wants played, but nothing else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    In all seriousness my only request is no casket. It's such a waste of money.
    I think you actually need to have a casket/coffin, even for cremation. My husband is a funeral director - as much as people joke that they just need a cardboard box, the actual earth-friendly cardboard boxes that can actually be used are pretty expensive!

Hubby and I have discussed this a bit, given his occupation. Cremation. Service that lasts for less than 45 minutes. We want it to be a celebration of our lives. Request for no floral gifts/donations (they don't get cremated with you). No open microphone at the service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Two requests; no viewing. Absolutely under no circumstances do i want my kids seeing me dead.

And secondly... Cremation; do not put me in a plot in a wall with a bunch of strangers and do not sprinkle me somewhere. Just keep me in the back of the cupboard or whatever.

As far as funeral goes. I dont care
    My friends dad sat on the floor of her mums wardrobe in a box for many years. I'm not sure what happened to him when they moved house. They always had grand plans of what to do with his ashes, they could just never decide what.

Me personally, I want to be cremated and the only request I have so far is that I want Eva Cassidy's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played at the funeral. Whatever happens to me in death I want to end up with DH and any kids we have. Whether our ashes are buried or just piled in one big fancy urn together, it doesn't bother me. I just don't want to be put somewhere all on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sycx View Post
    I think you actually need to have a casket/coffin, even for cremation. My husband is a funeral director - as much as people joke that they just need a cardboard box, the actual earth-friendly cardboard boxes that can actually be used are pretty expensive!

Hubby and I have discussed this a bit, given his occupation. Cremation. Service that lasts for less than 45 minutes. We want it to be a celebration of our lives. Request for no floral gifts/donations (they don't get cremated with you). No open microphone at the service.
    My aunt didn't have one at her cremation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdomino1 View Post
    I want them to play "Ding Dong the witch is dead". I think it would lighten the mood.
    Is it wrong that I think this is hilarious?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't like to jinx myself by thinking about that sort of stuff...
    Actually it should be something people talk to their loved ones about. Not because we think it's going to happen in the immediate future, but if something were to happen to you (general you), then your family would be aware of any specific requests. It makes the process for those planning the funeral a lot simpler. Having sat through the funeral planning of my pop with my mum and aunty, it was very hard. There were no specific requests and Mum and my aunt had to plan a funeral that would suit the needs and requirements of the other 3 siblings (death causes lots of family drama).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    My aunt didn't have one at her cremation.
    I stand corrected. I just checked with hubby again and he said that it doesn't have to be a casket as such - but most crematoriums require a container that meets certain requirements like leak proof, combustible etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (02-10-2014)