+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    My girls came up to the wire in the cage again tonight and took the food off me, they had kale (don't like the stalks), cauliflower (which I don't think they like), brocolini (don't like the stalks) and red cabbage... we'll see how much is gone tomorrow...
    Yeah i found none of mine are fond of brocolli or cauliflower but if they are hungry they will eat it. They are lucky they dont get it often as i love them too much.

Mine had a heap of spinach tonight instead of kale. All my girls stood there at their cage begging for food while i went to feed the boys. They are a bunch of noisy girls esp Coco.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pumpkin another favourite...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine love pumpkin skins.

This is tonight while it was dinner time. Cute Cute decided she couldnt wait any longer for me to dish out the food so she jumped right in and helped herself. Squeek Squeek did it yesterday too.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hows everyones piggies going? I am really worried about how mine will go as it gets warmer. Gotta get dad to get on with fixing up the girls home to make more ventilation inside for their shelter.

Whats everyone going to do or do for their piggies to keep them cool?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My two have been going pretty good
    Getting more and more friendlier and settling in.

DH made this today for our living room so we can have them out with us, he just made it out of some old pallets and chicken wire.
    They are asleep in their little igloo right now but they have seemed to like all the extra company today
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1412597109.532013.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and to keep them cool we have set up a clam pool with shallow water, I've also been putting all their lettuce and kale in a bowel with some water so they get some extra fluids.
    I was thinking of getting a spray bottle and misting them when it's really hot.
    We so this with our birds, hopefully the piggy's love it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has a fan and is inside so when it's really hot the air con is on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure how we will keep ours cool yet, they shouldn't get too hot where they are, but will definitely be watching them over summer. Our adult one was fine over summer last year, where she was.

Spray bottle sounds like a good idea and just lots of water for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Liddybugs, love your inside play pen. I dont bring mine upstairs often coz of my cat. The girls are usually too scared to move while Samson runs about the joint. Should bring the boys up tomorrow coz they are easy to catch. The baby boys are too fond of coming upstairs as they love their piping too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    @Liddybugs, love your inside play pen. I dont bring mine upstairs often coz of my cat. The girls are usually too scared to move while Samson runs about the joint. Should bring the boys up tomorrow coz they are easy to catch. The baby boys are too fond of coming upstairs as they love their piping too much.

It's a pretty cool little homemade pen
    They are in it nearly everyday, all thought it's been as high as 38 degrees here this week!
    So they are enjoying the air con.
    Our cat just doesn't care, he is pretty old though, the piggy's haven't even noticed him yet lol.
    The cat is mainly outside eating rodents in the barns to stop the snakes coming in looking for food, he dose his job well, but I've had pet mice for years and the cat just knows not to go near them.
    Our dog (a Cavalier King Charles) is very interested in the piggy's.
    The piggy's scream when he goes to close to the pen so he keeps a very wide berth now when walking past, I think their squeals scared him half to death
    I've been thinking of getting a few more piggies, how did you introduce the new piggy's?
    Did they all settle in well together?