+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Sorry to bump in, my 1 year old loves animals, would you suggest we wait to get one? How have your toddlers been with them
    I'd wait as toddlers tend to squeeze piggies a bit too hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sorry to bump in, my 1 year old loves animals, would you suggest we wait to get one? How have your toddlers been with them
    @maternidade, my son was almost 7 when we got them so i wouldnt have the slightest idea how toddlers would go. You could always go to an adoption agency and have a look how your little one would handle them. My guess is that toddlers would be too rough but all kids are different.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 3yo and 4.5yo. The older one is great with her baby piggy, she does get a little startled when the piggy wiggles but generally handles her piggy really well. The younger one is mostly okay with her baby piggy too but does need to be reminded how to pick her up and to not squeeze her. I don't leave either of them unsupervised while they are having cuddles... would totally depend on how 'gentle' your little one would be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As long as your baby is supervised with the pigs I can't see a problem? It would teach them to be careful and gentle.
    I wrap ours up in a hand towel and let my younger kids cuddle them. Once they got tame we now can sit them on the floor and let the young ones brush them and pat and feed them.
    I've had guinea pigs with three of my kids being the same age as that and no problems.
    In fact it was my 7 yr old who accidentally dropped her pig! Thankfully all was ok and she's been made to carry her in a little carrier since then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sussing out me cleaning their home. Miss Squeek Squeek spent a good 5mins sniffing around. Then Miss Cute Cute come up so went and picked some grass for them. Needed them downstairs while i finished up cleaning and adding to their bed so the grass is all downstairs while i add saw dust and some shredded paper. Then its the boys turn once we catch the girls.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me out mum she is thinking. My poor darlings all ready for their bath etc. They are munching away on some spinach atm to keep them happy til we go.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yay, you started the Piggie thread, will have to contribute a bit later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    Yay, you started the Piggie thread, will have to contribute a bit later.
    Yes i have piggie spammed haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls came up to the wire in the cage again tonight and took the food off me, they had kale (don't like the stalks), cauliflower (which I don't think they like), brocolini (don't like the stalks) and red cabbage... we'll see how much is gone tomorrow...