+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    I think you need to find out the underlying issue you have with your parents. Hope you're ok but sounds like they are ****ing you off big time
    Oh I know what the issues are and to be honest most house guests annoy me. Just thought I would provide some entertainment for the BH ladies by voicing out loud the different things that pop into my head....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Accidental double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hmmmmm good point
    My parents are king and queen of the not so subtle way of letting me know they are unhappy about something. Part of reason we live on the other side of the country.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (30-09-2014),VicPark  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id tell her to butt out and if she has a problem with how dinner is done at our house well then maybe she shouldn't be around at this time anymore!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd just say what I felt, as I always do.

'Mum, it's fine, I'll deal with this, you go relax (or other colourful advice!).

I always step in when I need to no matter who it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok here's what I did:

1) shaking of the head: I looked at mum and said "what's up?" She stopped shaking her head and said "nothing."
    2) trying to get ds1 to feed himself: I walked over and said, with raised eyebrows, "let him do it himself." Then I proceeded to say "come on DS1 it's your turn now, I know you can do a good job and take a big mouthful." Ds1 then had a big mouthful.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have just ignored the head shaking. But the attempted force feeding would not be met with pleasant words from me Not that my mum would ever do something like that, but whenever we have a disagreement on how things should be done with DS, I usually nip it in the bud fairly quickly by saying something like "He is our son and we will decide how/when/what/etc".

But I'm pretty lucky because for the most part, Mum and I agree on most things. The MIL is another story

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like your course if action. I can't *stand* passive aggressive comments / actions. And mealtimes can be very stressful in our house since DD is going through a fussy stage with her eating and dinner times are the worst since she's tired and ratty. I actually hate anyone else being over for dinner at the moment as it really interferes with her eating and tends to set off the fussiness even more! So I possibly wouldn't have handled the situation as patiently as you VP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Here's a follow up: this morning ds1 left the table between his weet-bix and toast courses and was playing in another room. He had a bit of a whinge when I dragged him (not literally) back to the table for toast.

My mother said in a cranky voice "what's all that whinging for" and as I was putting ds1 back into his chair and explaining he had to have toast, then teeth, then toilet, then peppa etc... My mum interrupts and says "if you don't eat, there's no TV."

My response: "mum. I've got it under control." No further comments.

On a side note, the house guests leave today...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For the first one I probably would have shook my head back in an over exaggerated way...because I am mature like that

The second thing I would have said "Mum, this isn't 1950's anymore - we don't force feed children theses days" - in a really sarcastic voice.

Not that I think these responses are good things to do - but I can tell that is the kind of thing I would have said, my mum drives me crazy sometimes