@Kelly70 thinking about you x
    @KayzB very wise, so scan next week?
    @lileitak hope you are as good as new today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    @KayzB very wise, so scan next week?
    @straycat nope hun only the week after. Lynn only does scans on Mon, so since I won't be 7wks yet by next Mon, I have to wait till the following one. So it means 2 weeks of not knowing how/if things are progressing! 😱 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @straycat, I'm feeling MUCH better today. Honestly, I reckon most of the pain yesterday was from gas... (sorry, if TMI). I googled it, and apparently it's not uncommon. Half a pack of GasX and I'm able to bend over, twist and actually laugh w/out pain. I've no idea where it all came from, but glad I'm finally deflating.

@KayzB - how stressful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak - I had the gas issue after EPU this time as well - it was like a hard ball of gas and I couldn't stand up straight! Went away after a day. Really weird and not sure why unless there is some disruption to the bowel during the procedure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to know it's not just me @Kelly70. It's crazy how painful gas can be, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayzB I don't think I will poas . Kind of don't have the courage tod it... Never seen 2 lines.. We used to to the hpts when we were trying naturally for about 2 years before trying ivf ... Omg can't imagine how many years have been spent trying for a baby .. 3 years with mivf and almost a year with lynn now.. Really want it to be over now on a positive note..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls. Lynn showed me the report from my egg collection and the 3 eggs were all mature but had "fragmented" next to them. She said it's just an age thing. She then said you've had 2 failed previous cycles at melb - I don't think you should do it again. Then we talked some more and I asked her if we would do anything differently if I did try again - she then started writing up a new treatment plan and between us we kinda decided I would do one more cycle in the new year.

We'd do Elonva again and this time no Menopur, we'll use puregon (is this the same as gonal f?), I'll use synarel this time (I assume at the start?). She said no more Menopur as too much of it is bad for the eggs.. And no growth hormone this time as it didn't help.

And no ICSI on the eggs as they are too fragile, we'll be selecting a donor that has super sperm for a natural fertilization.

Confronting hearing her say I don't think you should try again - I think i need to really think about whether I put myself through all this again or if I need to start accepting the fact I'm not going to be a mother tough call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great meeting with Lynn. Yes it's very confronting. If being a mother is dependent on your own eggs then I would start counselling now to help you get your head around it before you stim. I was ready to be a family of 3 and cycling was just part of the regret management plan as I had already moved on. If being a mother is your only dream and you will stop at nothing then start plan a and plan b in motion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like very good advice @lilypily