Closed Thread
Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Emee wish I could help but I don't even understand natural cycles. I only speak Ivf. Hope you can get it sorted with Lynn

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emee Do you mean your LP is too short at 9 days? I thought the progesterone support would help and as Lynn is doing, giving you some drugs/hormones. They can control our cycle with all these drugs there's no reason why they can't with LP? right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lena78 what a special occasion coming up. That's wonderful for you and your family xx always great to hear from ladies that are now mums

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

lena78  (14-10-2014),lilypily  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    @Emee Do you mean your LP is too short at 9 days? I thought the progesterone support would help and as Lynn is doing, giving you some drugs/hormones. They can control our cycle with all these drugs there's no reason why they can't with LP? right?
    Yep, I hear it should be 12-14 days. I think that's been the issue all along. Ive never had a BFP as implantation isnt possible if its too short. I was initially diagnosed with this defect a couple of years ago from a different FS who is no longer working. She gave me bio identical progesterone to take but I was burnt out and hormones were everywhere at that stage and it only messed me up even more.
    Yeah I'm hoping they can control the LP with IVF. Lynn's receptionist said that she should have prescribed me with progesterone after clomid with my last cycle but she didn't. She just said "oh that's strange". So i mentioned it this time and hoping she will agree to giving it to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emee before you started IVF do you usually have short cycles? about 22 days or so? I have heard of cases like yours when the cycle is so short AF comes and goes even before the beta test so they know for sure it is a BFN. I thought all of us went on some sort of progesterone support post transfer, unless you are a special case and your progesterone is really high? worth checking with Lynn for sure. If she 'forgot' to prescribe it to you I can't tell you how alarming this is to hear. Lynn is usually on top of everything though. I hope! Have you done many cycles? I think if you do more than 1 you kind of know what to expect and would question the lack of progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    @Emee before you started IVF do you usually have short cycles? about 22 days or so? I have heard of cases like yours when the cycle is so short AF comes and goes even before the beta test so they know for sure it is a BFN. I thought all of us went on some sort of progesterone support post transfer, unless you are a special case and your progesterone is really high? worth checking with Lynn for sure. If she 'forgot' to prescribe it to you I can't tell you how alarming this is to hear. Lynn is usually on top of everything though. I hope! Have you done many cycles? I think if you do more than 1 you kind of know what to expect and would question the lack of progesterone.
    Oh straycat I havent started IVF yet Still trying clomid for the second month. My cycles are generally 24-25 days so yeah they're short. I really hope its simply a matter of progesterone support. The receptionist said that if given clomid you should have prog support as well. I had a monitored cycle with an Ovidril shot so you'd think she would have provided that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emee oh ok thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was weird there was no progesterone support. My friend did 3 clomid cycles and she has a 5 year old daughter now. Did not have to do IVF and she did not have any progesterone support. I am not 100% sure but I think we are on progesterone post embryo transfer as our whole cycle was manipulated and we are not producing enough of it. Whereas Clomid is more for ovulation induction?! Maybe the receptionist was confused as most of Lynn's patients are IVF ones. Do you have a nurse allocated or is that more an IVF thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best @Sue77 I will be thinking of you. Are you doing a natural cycle or will you be on hrt? I'm doing well I will be 12 Wks this sat still doesn't feel real. I ended up doing the harmony test and should get the results by the 20th. Any pics from tdy of your poas @lilypily ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like quite a few of us are heading to Richmond tomorrow. I hope things are going well for you @Sue77 @KayzB you have your scan as well right? wishing you the very best, hope your body is doing what it is suppose to xx
    @Flemo so so happy for you. Passing first trimester are you showing yet?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BT tomorrow. A bit nervous to be honest. I didn't poas today cause if it had have been a shade lighter I would have gone into meltdown so just waiting till tomorrow now. Had major symptoms yesterday but not so many today but remembering back last time that's normal.