Closed Thread
Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is a link to the test I was referring to, I am unsure if this is the same as the one in Sydney where they test 400 different disorders and costs about 900 a year ago. When I heard about it last year it was only available in Sydney but a lot changes in a year.

http://www.womensultrasound.com.au/c...a-testing.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I have my appointment this week with Lynn, have no idea what she will say. It was generally an ok cycle, bad result but the actual cycle I think she was really pleased with hormone levels throughout the process she even said I didn't have to do a last scan and go straight to trigger, and you know how much she loves her tests and scans. I have everything crossed for you for your first scan this week xx

hey @lilypily twins too?

My husband and I have decided to go super healthy in preparation for next cycle and for the summer. I will ask Lynn if she suggests any vitamins for him even though there are no male infertility factors that we are aware of.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @babee - congratulations - that is amazing news!
    @lilypily - fingers crossed for you too!
    @straycat - you are an encyclopaedia of knowledge! jeez.
    @Kelly70 - good luck with the scan!

AFM, I'm chewing my nails down to the quick waiting to start this cycle. But I must say it's awesome to see such good news on the board. Lets all plan to send off 2014 with a BFP bang.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak haha I don't know much at all but I get exposed to sometimes useful info by accident through work or friends usually, its only just recently I have sought out information.

This is an open question.
    I know we are highly regulated in Aus, it seems USA is more open slather when it comes to IVF treatment, their success rates are higher and some even offer 70- 100% money back if no live baby is taken home, sorry that is crude but that is what is on the websites. I know for a fact we are behind USA, Israel etc in IVF technology. Do you think due to Australia, particularly Vic being such a nanny state, are we held back in what our FS is permitted to do? I'm just curious what you know/heard/seen as I am actually willing to relocate to get my family going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know, I really can't say. Lynn did do a residency (possibly fellowship) in the US, but she would be limited by the state.

I'm originally from Canada, but lived and worked in the US for many years. The US has some cutting edge technology, but you pay out the nose. VERY few states offer any type of health coverage (let alone IVF), so it would be up to your employer plan, and IVF coverage wouldn't be guaranteed. And paying out-of-pocket would run you 20k+ per cycle. There is no medicare.

Before we knew we needed IVF, we'd planned to move to Canada next year so I could be closer to my family, but that has been put on-hold until we "finish" IVF (whatever that means). I looked into coverage there, but the province I'm from covers only a couple cycles. To us, it wasn't worth the uncertainty.

From what I've read, Monash seems to be up-to-date with their techniques.

Maybe a question to ask Lynn directly? I'd be interested to hear what she says.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

straycat  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um so it's a very healthy line ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1413176646.246548.jpg

I'm shocked

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilypily wohoo! congrats xxxx beta on Wed?

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhhhhhhh lilypily this is awesome.

x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak thanks for the info. I was considering Israel as one of my close friends lives there but there is so much civil unrest. Why can't OUR government subsidise 2 kids via IVF like over there?! for non residents it is about $4K

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/18/wo...anted=all&_r=0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilypilly I have been lurking in the background. I think for sure this is the one. You said it was the last cycle and somebody heard you. Imagine there is 2 like babee. There might be a new thing starting on here with twins. I want to see another picture tomorrow of your poas. So excited and thrilled for you ladies with positives. Sue77 how are you going?