Closed Thread
Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls. We're finally back home, and I think I'm even more confused than before we left.

So, @straycat you were right. Counselling & finances just a formality, though she did bring up a couple things I hadn't considered which was good. And of course, a few more things to stress over!.

Despite my diligent planning, our meeting with Lynn was a whirlwind where she through a spanner. Since it's our first cycle, she recommended we do half natural fertilisation and half ICSI... I hadn't even considered ICSI (since my tubes are our only known issue). Her reason was that it would be unfortunate for us to complete a cycle, and only to have none fertilise. I'd have thought she'd wait and see.

Did she recommend this for anyone else???

Also, was assigned Nurse Chloe in Richmond despite requesting my bloods etc be done in Clayton and transfers in Hawthorn. Transfer day will be a b***h getting to work, but I guess its not that much further than Hawthorn.

We start toward the end of October, so happy to just bring it on. I'll deal w/ the November stuff when it comes.

Hope everyone else is tracking well. xx
    Last edited by ilex; 06-10-2014 at 13:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @lileitak glad your meeting went well and we all get the usual newbie head spin no matter how much we read and prep.

Lynn loves doing tests and errs on the side of caution so expect to be going to many scans tests etc. ICSI is yet to be proven with me, I don't think the fertilisation rate is amazing. For this cycle it is 1 out of 4, who knows, without it maybe it would have been zero. We will never know but with my previous clinic we had 50% fertilisation without ICSI. Thing is you still have to pay for it when regardless. It is no more effort on your part as it happens in the lab but it does cost extra.

Most of the nurses seem to be in Richmond, I hope none of your paperwork get lost in the shuffle. The other day when it was a Saturday, my nurse was not there and I saw another nurse, she just handed back my results to me and said its fine and give it to the doctor at EPU. I had to ASK HER to make a copy of it for my file, which she did and this proved to be vital info enough that Lynn wanted to cancel my cycle based on the scan. Which didn't happen but my point is, you have to be vigilant about your own cycle.

Your EPU or transfer may very well fall on a weekend? then no problems with work.

Glad you got the ball rolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Chloe is one of the best!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilypily - that is so great to hear! You have brightened my day.
    @straycat - she DOES love doing tests. I somehow agreed to spend 380 bucks on some genetic carrier screening - even though neither of us have a history.

RE: your ICIS... assume that was after a lower natural rate? PM me if you want.

I really do get where Lynn is coming from, but I would have thought she'd at least try it naturally first. (Well, fully not 50%).

This has really spun me. I'm not sure I want to do ICSI without genetic testing... I clearly have read way too much on the internet and am now freaking out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat gosh that's a bit shocking re nurse not keeping copy for your file! Do you remember who it was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Icsi is fairly standard now and I don't think many people actually leave it up to natural, it's kind of old school I think. The embryologist are great at finding the best sperm and Ivf is purely a numbers game so you need as many to fertilise as possible so I would never leave anything to chance especially considering the cycle costs, emotional investment and hormone toll on your body.

Chloe is normally assigned the higher profile cases or tricky cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Chloe is normally assigned the higher profile cases or tricky cases.
    Didn't I tell you all I'm really Lara Bingle? LOL... Gosh, I wonder if I'm considered tricky. Lynn hasn't let on to much. And if it's standard these days, who am I to question Lynn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not suggesting you are tricky, I am but I think you got lucky cause she's very switched on Lara don't you know
    Last edited by lilypily; 06-10-2014 at 15:46.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

ilex  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilypily - interesting hearing Chloe is one of the best and usually assigned to the trickier cases - she's my nurse and I have no doubt I am in the tricky category due to my age and DOR.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat - yep am poised ready to start - AF was due yesterday and still no arrived although can def feel it oncoming.. All my drugs are at home waiting for day 2, which I'm guessing will be Thurs. I'll jab Elonva as a one off on day 2 then top up nightly with Menopur from day 5 onwards, plus growth hormone. Excited to try again but no clue if things will be any better. Just rolling the dice at this age.