+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Older 45+ mums to be

Hi there - I searched the site and couldn't find a recent relevant thread on newly older mums to be - so......thought I would start one.

I am 46 - and totally incredibly have just found out that I am pregnant - naturally. I have posted earlier in the year on the donor egg forum as was all set to go to South Africa to do IVF with donor eggs.

Obviously the stars aligned in the most mysterious way in the last month - where I have met someone - and in true re-teenage first love reckless form, got pregnant in the first month.

Wow - wow - wow. I would love to share the experience with any others in my situation.

I have never been pregnant, never really tried, apart from 3 tries at "AID" using overseas anonymous sperm at that beginning of the year. That was pretty much all I could afford in terms of tries - so decided to give up on my own biological material.

This feels truly miraculous. I am only "5 weeks" - so first thing is to see whether I get beyond the miscarriage stage and the 12 week tests.

Whatever happens - I just feel incredibly endorsed somehow. That something I wanted to so much happened in such different circumstances.

Look forward to hearing from others and hearing their stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    awesome!

Im 41yrs with a natural preg. Im not 45+ years but Im close does this count?

I have also done IVF and have a daughter. But did not think a second natural pregnancy was on the cards. Im trying to find a full time job to get money to do another IVF cycle in case this one does not work out.

A little about me, Im ok, but DH has a translocation. So this bub is not a certainty.

DeleneTVD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there - thanks so much for posting! Sorry to take so long to reply - been a busy week.

Gosh- im so bad at the acronyms - DH - i just looked up - dear husband - where has he been moved to?

I don't have one of those - ostensibly doing this solo -

well im 7 weeks now - and still so far so good! How many weeks are you along?

How old is your daughter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi- I've just had a baby using donor sperm and ivf and I've just turned 44. Not a natural pregnancy but still a successful ivf with my own eggs so its still possible. I've now got a 2 week old baby girl who is breaking hearts. Wish you all the best with your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mum was 45 when she was pregnant with my sister who's 20 years my junior.
    My parents have always wanted another one but the doctors said it's not possible. Well many moons later she's pregnant what a surprise to us all.
    My sister is bright and healthy.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a young mum but came across your post, how very exciting for you. It's a gift and if it happens for someone at any age it's precious. Enjoy !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pussyviolet & co

Im 45 and 16+2 weeks with a (BIG) surprise natural pregnancy. We already have 2 gorgeous girls aged 8 & 6 and were done, or so we thought!

My first few weeks were an emotional rollercoaster, as I was sure I would miscarry. But as each week passed, and I saw a heartbeat, a growing bub & got more sick, I couldn't believe we might actually get to keep this wonderful gift.

My next worry though was that there may be something wrong with bub and we opted to do the NIPT Harmony test which I found incredibly reassuring. This test wasn't available when I had my daughters at 37 & 39 y/o so I had previously had amnios. To have these results back by 13 weeks & know that all was well & that we are having another girl has given me so much relief! It's also been wonderful to now share this journey with my daughters & watch their growing excitement.

I wouldn't say I'm completely relaxed, as this pregnancy is obviously my last & I'm still hyper-sensitive about everything being ok, but trying not to worry about every little twinge, pain etc which is sometimes easier said than done. I'm counting down to feeling those kicks, which I'm hoping will be any day now. I think then, to have that regular reminder will make me feel loads better!

Anyway, I'm so happy for you. It's such a personal journey but always lovely to share it with others. I look forward to hearing more about how things are going for you.

Rest up & look after you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there lovely ladies - thanks for sharing your stories. I sadly miscarried a week ago - last Sat when it all started happening heartbreaking - but a week down the track besides the interminable wait for another blood test at the end of the week - to then get the bad news - I have turned a page - learnt a lot - processed some lost hope and the physical loss of the miracle - and ready to try again.

Ill most likely do the donor egg thing - as time is so ticking on being a mum. But in the wait up to that ill be letting nature take its course - you never know - a miracle could happen again.

Best of luck with your pregnancies! -and ill report back with some good news soon im sure....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad to hear that Pussyviolet, but you sound as though you have a great positive outlook! And if there's one thing I do know, it's that miracles do happen & it doesn't matter whether they're assisted or not. Let us know how you get on & take care...x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sorry to hear that. I am going through the same thing at the moment. It's difficult after all the excitement.