+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    So sorry you are going through this

I shared my story a few pages back but basically my scan was also fine but my bloods put me at 1:91 for Down Syndrome. What brought my risk up higher was my papp-a....it should be around 1 and mine was 0.19 so quite low. Bub got the all clear and she's now 3 months old

If you do have low papp-a like me it can also suggest that there might be placental issues later on possibly resulting in preterm birth and iugr. So if bub does come back all clear they will still probably keep a close eye in you still. Turns out I had GD so they were on the look out for a small and big baby lol My placenta happened to be fine and dd was born an average size at 39 weeks.

Good luck and I hope your bub gets the all clear xoxo
    I found out last week I have he, I got tested early because I also had it with my son, I remember he was worried about Papp-a and hcg but I can't remember the numbers now and never even thought of asking for a copy .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    Hi I am in the same boat as you we are having our amnio on the 12th nov its a horrible wait, our bub was showing everything healthy but the blood test had the 1.140 feel a bit numb as we had the same thing five years and our twin babies back then had downs.
    But to be honest my early childhood training got me through those times and the seven stages of grief.
    But my dh and I have two beautiful girls and if this news isn't good its scary but because of our previous problems and a miscarriage I can't attach myself yet a sort of unconciously protecting myself.
    We didn't want a cvs or the blood test as those results aren't really clear well that is what the genetic counsellor told us.
    Fingers crossed for us all!!!
    I wish u luck for your amnio and hope results come back clear, my god it is an agonising wait isn't it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I had gd too, predictive txt hahah

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kirrabodhi For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a high NT and low Papp-A giving a 1:7 risk of Downs, and my CVS was normal. Ended up with IUGR and an early delivery (that was from a rare problem, a thrombosis of the umbilical artery and probably not related to the high risk NT). DS is fine now and just came home a few weeks ago.

The wait for results was hard even though I had the early FISH results. I think my final results took the 14 days. Good luck I hope you get good results and through soon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kirrabodhi View Post
    I found out last week I have he, I got tested early because I also had it with my son, I remember he was worried about Papp-a and hcg but I can't remember the numbers now and never even thought of asking for a copy .
    They will most likely keep a close eye on you for GD and the Papp-a. It just meant that in the third trimester I had a few growth scans and in the last few weeks had a weekly ctg done I hope you hear back Monday, the wait is exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    They will most likely keep a close eye on you for GD and the Papp-a. It just meant that in the third trimester I had a few growth scans and in the last few weeks had a weekly ctg done I hope you hear back Monday, the wait is exhausting
    Any news @kirrabodhi?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still no news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh how frustrating! Surely it's tomorrow xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kirrabodhi View Post
    Still no news
    Fx for tomorrow xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully we hear something today, I don't want to know of not good news either though.... So confusing