+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kirrabodhi View Post
    Has our appt and no good news unfortunately, bt says 1:4 chance of downs and 1:2 chance of Edward syndrome, booked in for amnio oct 20 and he is expecting amnio not having good news but just to find out exactly what's wrong with bubs. He spoke to us about if we decide to terminate etc we would be induced and give birth at approx 18 weeks feeling extremely upset
    Big hugs, I'm sorry the news wasn't great When I first found out about being high risk we also were spoken to about being induced should we terminate. Its an extremely difficult conversation to have and so overwhelming. I left the hospital hysterical and cried for days. I could tell you to not stress about being induced just yet and to focus on getting to the amnio. But in all honesty I was a mess and couldn't stop thinking about the decisions we would have to make should the amnio come back with less than desirable results. I'm sorry you are going through this I will keep everything crossed for you in hope that bubba is ok. Here if you need to talk xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no I am so sorry! I have no advice but just want to give you big massive hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has our appt and no good news unfortunately, bt says 1:4 chance of downs and 1:2 chance of Edward syndrome, booked in for amnio oct 20 and he is expecting amnio not having good news but just to find out exactly what's wrong with bubs. He spoke to us about if we decide to terminate etc we would be induced and give birth at approx 18 weeks feeling extremely upset
    Can you have a cvs instead? Can be done earlier so you wouldn't have to stress as long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently it's really hard to get in for cvs, and we are about to go away so doc said look go away have some time out and as soon as u get back we will do amnio and go from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you at this tough time xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you're having a tough time OP; sounds so very stressful for you.

Just wanted to let you know that if you wanted to have a chat about Down syndrome either before your amnio, or after, depending in your results, feel free to pm me. I have a 5yo with Down syndrome and have heaps of resources which may be helpful.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fox in Sox For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (01-10-2014),MonsterMummy  (02-10-2014),NancyBlackett  (01-10-2014),Purple Lily  (01-10-2014),Wise Enough  (01-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Apparently it's really hard to get in for cvs, and we are about to go away so doc said look go away have some time out and as soon as u get back we will do amnio and go from there
    How far along are you? At my hospital they won't do them 14 weeks and over so that might be why. I found out at 14+2 so had to wait the two weeks to have an amnio. It's emotional torture because Its hard not to think of the what ifs. Hopefully the wait goes quickly for you xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you have the blood test now?

I have my fingers crossed that you get the outcome you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke about the bt but he said sometimes the bt only shows certain chromisone issues not all, so he recommended amnio, I am 13 weeks but he couldn't get me in in time by the sounds of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had an amnio, it was fine. I was pretty stressed before hand though! My DD is 3 now. Mine kept getting delayed as I had a lot of bleeding, I had to wait for it to settle down.