+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a cvs - not for a nuchal fold result but for a previous chromosomal issue in my DD. I found the cvs not particularly painful but just a bit emotional. The pain lasted maybe a second or 2 as they use local anaesthetic as deep as they can. Waiting was the hardest but I think my wait was longer due to the specific test they were doing.
    I just rested that day and the day after I think but had no bleeding or pain afterwards.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had both cvs and amnio, it was uncomfortable but not painful. A few cramps afterwards but not too bad.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a little anxious about the diagnostic tests, like I said I haven't received bt results as yet but am guessing because fold was large they will want further testing by the sounds of what dr at bensons said

Thanks
    Reviews
    But still makes me nervous and just the thought of what they have to do makes it more stressful plus I know they say don't focus on what might happen but it's hard not too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I had the opposite issue where my scan was fine but bloods put me at a 1:92 risk for Down Syndrome, after having two perfectly fine pregnancies and only being 25 it was a bit of a shock!

We chose to have the amnio because for us we needed to know. It wasn't painful, the only pain was the sting of the local. I didn't even find it uncomfortable, I didn't feel a thing thankfully. They do a scan right before it to check on bubs and the position of the placenta. Afterwards they show you that baby is perfectly fine, our bub gave us a wave Emotionally I found it hard to cope, there were lots of tears before and after it. I had to wait 2 weeks to have the amnio because I found out I was at a higher risk at 14 weeks and I was too far along for the CVS. Amnios are done at 16 weeks.

We opted for the FISH results which you can get 24-48 hours after it, these will tell you if bub has Down Syndrome, Turners Syndrome or Edwards syndrome- the 3 main ones. 2 weeks later you get the full results. After having to wait 2 weeks to get the amnio done we were so glad we chose to get the preliminary results because the whole process can be very emotionally draining.

We found out we were having a Girl and that she had the all clear which was a huge relief, she is now 7 weeks old

If you have any questions or just need somebody to talk to please feel free to pm me. I received a massive amount of support from the ladies on here when I was going through it
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 29-09-2014 at 10:47.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kirrabodhi View Post
    I am a little anxious about the diagnostic tests, like I said I haven't received bt results as yet but am guessing because fold was large they will want further testing by the sounds of what dr at bensons said
    But still makes me nervous and just the thought of what they have to do makes it more stressful plus I know they say don't focus on what might happen but it's hard not too
    I can really relate to this. I got told not to panic about the unknown but that's it...Its unknown and when it comes to the little life you are growing inside of you It's hard not to stress and wonder what is going on in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, I am 13 weeks tomorrow and I reckon I have been in tears about 20 times so far. I hope once I get to chat with genetic councillor etc I will feel better about things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rang the hosp yesterday and have appt with dr tomorrow morning, hopefully he will have my bt results to see what my actual risk is then go from there. I hope my little one will be ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fingers crossed little bubba is perfectly healthy thinking of you x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Rang the hosp yesterday and have appt with dr tomorrow morning, hopefully he will have my bt results to see what my actual risk is then go from there. I hope my little one will be ok
    It will be good to have all the details, will be thinking of you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (30-09-2014)