+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abnormal NT Scan

We are 12 weeks pregnant and had our nuchal scan, hey found that the fold was quite prominent. They have told us to call the hosp to discuss further options... Has any one on here had abnormal results at scan but BT came back ok? We are still waiting on BT results, which I think they are trying to rush back. I have heard about a new BT you can have instead of amnio, has anyone ha this test? know it is pricey.We are feeling a little lost and confused right now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi kirra, so sorry for your stressful time. We have recently had done the NIPT done following a high risk result at the 12 week mark. We went with the harmony test and I think it was $550. The other major one is Verify which basically tests the same thing. We decided to pursue NIPT as it is no risk to bub. Amnios are pretty low risk nowadays thought at about 1:500 or so I think. The tough part was the 14 day wait for harmony results as the blood sample goes to the USA.
    I don't have specific help for you re: high Nuchal fold measures as we had the opposite issue, scan looked ok but bloods weren't crash hot. Best wishes xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your reply, I cant believe how lost we feel right now.. I always like to be in control and this has completely thrown that out the window. Do you know the difference between time frames of results or Harmony vs Amnio?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our fold was thick too and our odds were 1:5. We had the CVS and all came back clear and we have a healthy 4 month old. Good luck xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

kirrabodhi  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate the nuchal test. I think its very flawed. My sister had very thick nuchal measurement had cvs bub was fine. Good luck x

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    I hate the nuchal test. I think its very flawed. My sister had very thick nuchal measurement had cvs bub was fine. Good luck x

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My aunt is a sonographer and she said the same thing when we had problems with ds1. NT of 7.5 mm, 1:5 risk of DS, everything ended up fine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember the NT only calculates risk so there is no conclusion from a high risk result until you have an Amnio it CVS. I had a high risk of 1:5 and went on to have a CVS procedure and no abnormalities were found and I also have a very healthy 4 month old. My baby had a Nuchal measurement of 5mm. Good luck and stay positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry also to add - I had the CVS performed at around lunchtime early afternoon on a Thursday and FISH results were in by 10am on Friday so very fast. I believe the Harmony and Verify take a little longer than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kirrabodhi View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply, I cant believe how lost we feel right now.. I always like to be in control and this has completely thrown that out the window. Do you know the difference between time frames of results or Harmony vs Amnio?
    Yes I think you can get preliminary amnio results within a day or two but NIPT eg harmony takes 12-14 days x

Thanks
    Reviews
    This definitely gives me hope those who have had amino or cvs was it painfull? Traumatic? Etc how did u cope with it?