+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amy111 View Post
    Thank you all for your kind comments.. yeah we have heard of cheaper ivf clinic's we are doing our first ivf cycle at kograh hospital due to that's where we got referred to due to living in gymea.. but hubby and I spoke about it and if this first cycle doesn't work we will defentily be going to another cheaper ivf clinic...

Im a bit scared about the day surgery of taking the eggs ( ive never broke or bone if had a operation lol) what was it like? And whats better light drugs or being knocked out?

Xx thankyou ������������
    I actually prefer the lighter sedation as its cheaper, you can hear the eggs being collected and counted and its quicker to recover but being knocked out was good too. Fall asleep, wake up with a heat pack on your belly and you get told a number.
    Some women find it more painful than others but most say it is fine.

I actually find the embryo transfer more awkward as you have a full bladder, trying not to pee on the doctor as they poke around and they let you hang loose with a speculum hanging out while checking the embryo hasn't escaped back into the tube. Awkward.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

amy111  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the transfer being more awkward, and I found it was the first time I got emotional for this whole cycle. I think by that stage your regimented plan of attack sort of comes to an end and all your hopes and dreams are there before you and you know now all you can do is wait and see.
    It didn't hurt or anything, you just feel so vulnerable for emotional hurt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scootyboots For This Useful Post:

amy111  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like being knocked out - I would find the legs in stirrups, being vaguely aware of what's going on awful! Give me the drugs and wake me when it's done

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

amy111  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your first cycle, I too started ivf when I was 24, I had an unsuccessful first cycle, as I didn't respond well to the medication, but I had my little girl out of my second cycle, she will be 3 on Wednesday
    Totally worth every cent spent

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 25Nikki For This Useful Post:

amy111  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou ladies for all you experiences and day surgery stories it makes me feel better having some kind of understanding of what il be walking into lol

its going to be very weird just giving the doctor a big leg spread lol but im sure he has seen hundreds even thousands lol.. fingers crossed it works our first cycle but im not geting my hopes up at all...

Yeh im also finding it hard with work due to working 1/2 hour from home but 1 hour from ivf and trying to work shifts around appoitments and blood tests but now that we are starting I know its going to be even harder for me ... I want to tell work but hubby doesn't what me to tell them ( due to being him with the problem) he says he doesn't want work knowing about our problems. . So its hard to make up doctor appoitments and lies just so we can go to ivf and due to just geting married this year everyone is even asking more about when r we having children so I have to say its geting really hard 😧 but I do know where my hubby is coming from if I was in his shoes...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could just tell them you were seeking some treatment for a medical condition, you don't need to specify that it's IVF. Sharing the details of it ie. being your DH's "fault" would be a massive over share anyway.... In fact if you specify that it's in the women's department (your treatment, not the problem) most male bosses will smile, nod and never ever ask again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I could do that my work is all ladies and they all talk and gossip and my boss is also a lady so I didn't want to bring it up.. but I might just say that I need treatment and leave it at there..

Ive never been so excited to get my period I think this is the first month ive just been waiting day in and day out for them to come bring on friday I say haha thank goodness the nurses are open over the weekend id lost if they wernt open.. when I rang the nurse she said if I get them anytime after 11 that I will have to come in the next day (2nd day of period) is that the same with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amy,

I also live in the Sutherland Shire and was originally referred to St George in Kogarah, however after finding out about RPA we decided the cost save would help in many ways (the stress of our first cycle being a big one, the thought of not getting pregnant after outlaying 8K compared to 2K gave me anxiety). I cannot recommend RPA enough. It is a Genea clinic but within the public system. Initial appointments are harder to get but we have found the Dr's much more approachable and thorough.

Also, I can understand not wanting to tell your work about your issue however I have found this took some pressure off and helped with my guilt. But if you work for someone who won't keep your confidence then don't beat yourself up about telling a white lie.

Our issue is with my Husband too which makes things tricky. Can I ask if your Husband is taking any multi vitamins or if your Dr has recommended any? I am researching some now for mine

Goodluck with everything, we are still waiting on more last minute investigative tests then hope to start next month/period

Thanks
    Reviews
    #scout0708

We didn't even know that RPA had ivf but due to being so close to starting at kograh we are going to go through with it and if this cycle doesn't work we might be transferring to RPA I looked them up and it looks great!! Defentily our next step if this doesn't work..

Yeh our nurse suggested that hubby take menavit each day and Im on elevit too Im also taking 3 Vitamin D tablets a day due to my vitamin D being very low..

If you don't mind me asking how old r you? And is this your first ivf cycle? 😊

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amy111 View Post
    Yeh I could do that my work is all ladies and they all talk and gossip and my boss is also a lady so I didn't want to bring it up.. but I might just say that I need treatment and leave it at there..

Ive never been so excited to get my period I think this is the first month ive just been waiting day in and day out for them to come bring on friday I say haha thank goodness the nurses are open over the weekend id lost if they wernt open.. when I rang the nurse she said if I get them anytime after 11 that I will have to come in the next day (2nd day of period) is that the same with you?
    Yes the 'rule' with mine was proper red bleeding before midday to be day one so that sounds about the same as yours.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

amy111  (01-10-2014)