+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 24year old newbie weeks off starting our first ivf cycle.. :/

Hi all my name is Amy im 24 from Sydney.. my husband and I found out 1year ago that we had a 5% chance of having a baby naturally so our best chance of having a baby was suggested that we go through ivf..
    So we are finally starting our ivf journey just in a few weeks as we are waiting for my periods to start so we can pick up the needles and start the process..

Due to hubby having very low sperm we both need to have day surgery as I get my eggs taken out and he has to have a cut in his ball area and take the sperm out that way ( sorry for to much information lol)

We are both very scared but we know that this is all we can do to have our family that we dream of.. I was wondering If anyone has gone through the same and fill me in what to expect...

Im looking forward to hear from you all soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hello Amy.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles conceiving. I was 22 when DP and I started ivf (same-sex couple). I found it so much easier for her to give me the injections. She talked to the nurse about how to best do it and I never needed to give myself a needle at all thankfully.

Another thing that I wish I knew at the time - DO NOT concern yourself with the number of eggs you get. You only need one embryo. I got 3 fertilized eggs and I was super scared they wouldn't make it to day 5. We got pregnant with DD that very first cycle.

Take it one step at a time. One injection. One appointment. One blood test. One scan. One day at a time.

Good luck! You're welcome to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Icsi

My hubby and I are starting ivf (icsi) in a few weeks also as a result of hubby having the snip. It is a very anxious time. im 28 my husband 34 both had children from previous relationships but now going throught ivf to have one together.
    I look forward to hearing how you go
    Last edited by Knaadams; 30-09-2014 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Knaadams

Aw that sounds like some very exciting times for you both tho. .

I know the feeling it is scary and anxious all rolled into one. I always get worried of going into the unknown and not knowing whats going to happen due to this being hubby and I first time at ivf

but I just keep thinking to myself that its all worth it at the end of having a baby something we can call our own 😊

💓 we are built to be woman Because we can get through the toughest of chanelleges that are thrown at us

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amy111 For This Useful Post:

Knaadams  (01-10-2014)