Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ha ha gel and picocin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha I booked in my induction for 3 days later and I went into labour that night! He obviously didn't appreciate being given a deadline!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of four babies, nothing that I tried ever worked, not that I tried with number 2 and 3 and I never tried castor oil though or EPO. With my 4th baby I was 4cm for weeks and had 2 or 3 stretch and sweeps (can't remember now) before I ended up being induced with gel and an ARM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nothing really worked with either bub. And I tried everything (as mine were both extremely overdue so at the later end of that I was doing all sorts to avoid a medical induction.) In the end I had a really forceful, uncomfortable stretch and sweep with my second and she came the next day. I really think it will happen when body and baby is ready and nothing will work before that.

I also think that you shouldn't do anything much until at least 41-42 weeks. Baby's don't have an alarm clock in there....they don't know they're 'overdue'. Some, like mine, just want to cook for longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 1 session of induction acupuncture at 39+3 at 7am. The acupuncturist put these little leave in needles in my ears and in my lower back. If I pressed on the little ear needles I instantly got a contraction. Freakin amazing. I kept pressing them through the day and massaging the back ones. By 4pm they had become regular contractions by themselves and I had a clean out iykwim! I have since become a big acupuncture fan and having it postpartum also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably total coincidence but both times I've gone into labour the night after I got a mani/pedi at one of those stinky nail bars at the shopping centre. 38+4 and 40+5. It's nice to have pretty nails for photos anyway so worth a try!

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried absolutely everything except castor oil, I went at 42 weeks the day I went into labour I went for a long walk, had se.x and bounced on the tranpoline with my daughter, I honestly believe it was coincidental as I was already 42 weeks

I tried things from 39 weeks as I was attempting a vbac and worried I wouldn't go at all, I tried clary sage, pedicure, pressure point foot massage, excercise ball, expressing, hot curry, cinnamon tea, raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose capsules orally and up the hoo haa as well, pretty much anything u can think of I tried and it didn't work haha
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 28-09-2014 at 21:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went into labour at 37+2. Thought I'd start trying to "prep" for labour a few days earlier so bought some raspberry leaf tablets as I was sick to death of the fortnight of prelabour I'd already had. I think I took about 4 before I went into labour. Also had a curry the night before. I was working from home the day I went and was trying to get everything done before mat leave started at the end of the week! Bub was very much ready to come though as the midwife said she knew I'd go by 38 weeks at the latest after my last checkup before labour, so I think the tablets and curry was probably a coincidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my first 2 were both spontaenous and arrived on 40+1 each time.
    my 3rd I went in for an induction which ended up in an emergency csection at 39+1 - nothing else (gel, foley) worked. I swear this baby has PTSD from being taken out of the sunroof when he wasn't ready to vacate lol. (no regrets though - it is what it is).

I had the same raspberry leaf tea and did heaps of other old wives tales for every pregnancy and had 3 different births

I honestly believe, especially with that last labour), that bub will arrive when they are ready. enjoy the last weeks of pregnancy, it feels like ages but really it's a blip in your life you can't do over xx