+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you bring on labour?

I'm 39 weeks and 4 days tomorrow. Hoping baby is on time and not overdue.

Did you do anything that you think may have brought on your labour? What were you doing the day you went in to (spontaneous) labour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I went into spontaneous labour at 38 weeks with DS2 but that was due to a placental abruption. Also went into labour spontaneously with DS3 at 39+5, I had been taking EPO and I also took castor oil, my waters broke 4 hours later though so the castor oil didnt have a chance to kick in though.

Natural induction methods dont work unless your baby and body are actually ready though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried pretty much everything (apart from the castor oil). I drank the raspberry leaf tea from 36 weeks, did reflexology, stimulated my nipples, had multiple "o's", DTD, walked heaps and nothing!! I went into spontaneous labour within my due date period (FS said 09/01, OB 06/01 - DD2 born on 06/01).

Sorry to say, you will go into labour when it happens. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but it's one of those things completely out of your control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not that I recommend this, but with DS a big weekend of gardening did the trick. Some would call my crazy landscaping in 40 degree heat "nesting" but I think the heavy lifting and heat is what did it, he came 3 weeks early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post

Avoid castor oil. Unless you fancy hanging out on the toilet for a while.
    I have to agree with this, I was very lucky in that it didnt affect me at all, I didnt get the runs or a belly ache (and I took a large dose) but my SIL took it twice at the end of her pregnancy and all she got was dehydration and a very sore tummy and bottom.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    I'm 39 weeks and 4 days tomorrow. Hoping baby is on time and not overdue.

Did you do anything that you think may have brought on your labour? What were you doing the day you went in to (spontaneous) labour?
    I just want to gently remind you that you are 'due' any time between 37 and 42 weeks gestation. You are not overdue until after this.
    If you to much focus on hoping to meet your baby before your due date and then you don't it can be a really emotional and frustrating wait. You don't want any negativity surrounding when your bub chooses to come. So maybe try to change your focus a bit....?
    To properly answer you question I went into spontaneous labour at 40+3 weeks. The day before bub was born I had a really lovely chilled out day with my husband. We went out to lunch and really enjoyed ourselves. That night as we were making dinner if felt the first little signs and by the next morning it was real labour. Stress and anxiety fight against the hormones of labour so I know it wasn't a coincidence that I needed to be completely happy and relaxed for my labour to start.
    Good luck and no matter what you do you will have that baby in your arms soon! Yay for new babies!!! X

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Summerwinter  (29-09-2014),zooey  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Tried EVERYTHING. Nothing worked. I hated hearing that when I was desperate to meet bubby... But unfortunately it proved to be true. Good luck OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    All the old wives tales worked for me. Both times it was a hot curry, a long walk and DTD, I was in labour the next day (at 38+3 and 38). But the skeptic in me says it was a coincidence, they were just ready.

Hope your bub is here soon!

Me, he and our two boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A stretch and sweep started my labor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought I'd had, in case you want to breastfeed, the later your baby is born the better. Suction is one of the latest skill babies master in utero.

That's what my lactation consultant told me anyway. Babies born after 40-41 weeks are really strong little suckers