Closed Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As someone who has sensory issues, being barefoot (with or without socks), is awful. I hate it. The only time I ever have barefeet is in the shower, in bed, at the pool (OMG that makes me want to vomit) and at the beach. Otherwise I have shoes of some description on.

I have had to take my shoes off at other people's houses, I deal with it by sitting down and not moving until I am leaving. Being barefoot makes me want to vomit and cry. The latter I have done a few times

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),Justwant2beamummy  (29-09-2014),LoveLivesHere  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    We are in other people's houses all the time for work ( real estate) and I always as a courtesy ask the owners if they would like me to take my shoes off and is say probably only 10% do - also as agents we were told we can't ask people at open houses to take their shoes off as if they fall/ slip over we would be liable. !
    When we were looking to buy a house a few months ago I would say 50% of the houses we viewed asked us to remove shoes before entering. I only saw one person refuse - A teenage girl with her mum wearing combat style boots.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hate my feet so would be pretty uncomfortable having to take my shoes off at someone else's house
    Plus there is the anxiety of do my feet smell.
    We don't wear our shoes in the house under normal circumstances but if someone is coming over that's not family I will put shoes on so they don't see my feet

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My in laws have a shoes off house but it's not enforced. There's a pile of shoes by the front door. I would find it really odd if I was asked to take my shoes off somewhere!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We take our shoes off at home. I don't make other people do it, though I will say yes if they ask and I wouldn't find it weird if someone asked me to take my shoes off at their house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Can I ask how people with shoes off policies manage their kids playing during the day? My 3 year old DS spends his entire day running inside and outside the house. There's no way he'd stop every time and take shoes on and off. Same with my DDs running to the trampoline after school.

Do your kids put shoes on every time they go outside and then take them off again?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),bitterpure  (29-09-2014),Justwant2beamummy  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I have never in my life been asked to take my shoes off inside a house.

I'm beginning to wonder who actually lives in Bubhub land
    We have a no shoes house, but I never ask people to take them off. If they do I appreciate it and if they ask I say "yes, thanks", but I don't ask if they don't do it. I think it's polite to check when you go to someone else's house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Can I ask how people with shoes off policies manage their kids playing during the day? My 3 year old DS spends his entire day running inside and outside the house. There's no way he'd stop every time and take shoes on and off. Same with my DDs running to the trampoline after school.

Do your kids put shoes on every time they go outside and then take them off again?
    We have dogs, so the door is closed big yep, just on and off as they go in and out. He's generally wearing socks inside so he just slips his Velcro sneakers on that stay at the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    As someone who has sensory issues, being barefoot (with or without socks), is awful. I hate it. The only time I ever have barefeet is in the shower, in bed, at the pool (OMG that makes me want to vomit) and at the beach. Otherwise I have shoes of some description on.

I have had to take my shoes off at other people's houses, I deal with it by sitting down and not moving until I am leaving. Being barefoot makes me want to vomit and cry. The latter I have done a few times
    And that's why I don't push it or ask, I think that's totally fair enough if you have a reason for not wanting to take them off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post

I imagine being put in the position of having to say "no I'd prefer not to" would be incredibly awkward.