Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Your house, if you want shoes off that's up to you but you can't expect people to know this is what you want just because there is a shoe rack near the door. Polite reminders or a little sign would be what I'd expect if going to someone's house. But as mentioned be mindful that some people really don't like having their feet out.

It's funny noticing the different opinions on this thread. So just because it's normal and polite for you doesn't mean it's not gross weird or rude to others.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizard For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't read replies but vic park here you're very forward, just tell them to take their bloody shoes off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    Now that I can not handle.. Basking in the glory of the days muck all over you all night in bed is my worst nightmare lol.

Me+DP ❤️
    Well to be fair if I've done something really dirty that day I will shower, but generally I don't feel the need. A face wash is sufficient. I get up before sunrise and exercise to the point that I am drowning in sweat so I just shower after my morning exercise. Apart from anything else we don't have enough hot water for the kids and adults to shower of a night, and I don't fancy a cold shower unless it's a 40 degree day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my parents built their house and got new carpets put it, it become a no shoe house... Never occurred to me this was weird, they politely ask people to remove their shoes..

On another note, I can't stand feet. Bare feet are the worse, I always have socks or panty hose on. Drives me absolutely mental when mil always puts her yucky bare feet on my coffee table. I wish she would wear shoes inside, then maybe she wouldn't put her feet on my table!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thescientist For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a party yesterday and when we were sitting in the lounge I realised I was the only one wearing shoes. I went outside and saw shoes all lined up. Where the heck was the memo people?!
    I noticed a few blokes went to the toilet with their shoes off. How freakin disgusting!! Not only do they have to stand in other peoples pee, they then traipse it around the house.
    I'm not a fan of the no shoe policy tbh. I'd rather people come into my house feeling comfortable as possible.
    Oh, I've got one if those friends who has a no shoes sign at her door but always leaves her shoes on at other peoples houses. What the??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    In what way?
    Suss probably wasn't the right word. I really don't like the sight of bare feet. I get regular pedicures (my indulgence) so I like how my feet look but mostly feet don't appeal to me one bit.

I grew up never having bare feet. My mother used to show me pictures of people whose feet became infected from standing on all sorts of weird stuff so I don't like bare feet at all.

Funnily enough my kids never wear shoes in public. Does my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Suss probably wasn't the right word. I really don't like the sight of bare feet. I get regular pedicures (my indulgence) so I like how my feet look but mostly feet don't appeal to me one bit.

I grew up never having bare feet. My mother used to show me pictures of people whose feet became infected from standing on all sorts of weird stuff so I don't like bare feet at all.

Funnily enough my kids never wear shoes in public. Does my head in.
    Fair enough. I don't think feet are particularly pretty, mine are ugly. I never pretty them up in any way...it's just not my thing, but I love being barefoot! In summer I live in thongs, because it's as close to barefoot as I can get.
    That's funny about your kids. My DH likes to wear shoes, and in summer will happily wear socks and joggers and it drives my nuts looking at his hot feet stuffed inside socks in summer!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I grew up in a shoes on , tiled floor house.
    My DP grew up on a farm, shoes off house.
    We have tiled floors that get washed maybe once a week so I never ask people to take shoes off and often say "leave them on" when people go to take them off.
    I take my shoes off inside for comfort, not cleanliness.
    I think if you would prefer people take shoes off, ask them or put up a sign.
    If I had the foot odour problem and someone asked, I wouldn't come in. And next time invite them to my place instead so I could wear shoes as much as I liked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking shoes off (unless work boots) is such a foreign concept to me, the few occasions I've been to someone's house who have rules about removing shoes, I spend the rest of the visit wondering what else I do that might offend them :/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (28-09-2014),TheGooch  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoes off house here too. I was brought up to always remove my shoes but DP was brought up wearing shoes. We have tiles and carpet, my family remove shoes when they come over but DP's didn't until recently - I asked DP to ask his family to remove shoes. I was over mopping floors every time someone came over, and apart from vacuuming carpets (and using carpet wipes) there was nothing I could do with carpets and rugs. Breaking point was BIL and wife trampling mud on floors and leaving mud prints on our bedroom carpet.

We don't wear shoes as DS and DD are constantly playing on the floor and I cringe at the thought of stuff (human and animal fecal matter, urine, spit etc) being rubbed into my rugs and carpet.

I always thought it was polite to follow what the homeowner does with shoes - if they are wearing shoes I will wear shoes (I double check if I should remove shoes, as sometimes people have inside shoes) and if they have no shoes I will always remove mine.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (29-09-2014),zooey  (29-09-2014)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast