Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't really care what people do in our house, whatever they're comfortable with.

I don't wear shoes at home but I do wear socks, mainly because that's what makes me comfy.

I hate feet though :/ so I'd almost prefer people wear shoes haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always take my shoes off at other peoples houses. I was brought up in a 'no shoes indoors' household and I think it's just rude to assume you can walk your shoes all over someone else's house! My dad and step mum always just waltz in with their shoes on (use to drive my mum insane when dad did it at home). I always ask people to just leave them at the door. I think a good rule of thumb is if the owner isn't wearing shoes then take yours off!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (28-09-2014),zooey  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2be4 View Post
    This is definitely a peeve of mine, and I do outright ask people to please take their shoes off! I think it's polite to take your shoes off and I always go to or I at least ask, "shoes off?" I just wonder what people do after their shower at night? Do they put shoes on afterwards or wander around their house where germs and gunk have been traipsed and then get into their clean bed? Meh I may be anal but just find it gross, plus I find my house stays cleaner much longer with no shoes on.

Ohhhh and the worst one is when people wear shoes inside and then go to stand on a babies mat with them on! I nearly dieeeeeee...
    Worse...I shower in the morning, not of a night. My WHOLE body goes to bed filled with the day's germs ALL over me

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),M'LadyEm  (28-09-2014),Mod-Zeddie  (28-09-2014),Sonja  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And sometimes our dogs sleep in our bed. And in the kids bed. On their pillows.

Horses for courses.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (28-09-2014),MissMuppet  (29-09-2014),NancyBlackett  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you need to have a sign or remind them every time. I know people who have shoe racks at their door but unless I am asked directly to take off my shoes then I assume it is their own preference for them and not necessarily for visitors.

My ILs have 'house shoes' and 'outside shoes', but if you don't live there there is no expectation to take off or change your shoes.

I also think that if your parents are inside shoe wearers it is nice to offer them an alternative to bare feet, e.g. have some spare, clean slippers or thongs that have only ever been worn inside that they can put on.
    Last edited by Leafy; 28-09-2014 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Worse...I shower in the morning, not of a night. My WHOLE body goes to bed filled with the day's germs ALL over me
    Haha oh well at least if you go to someone's house and remove your shoes your feet will be clean

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have wooden floors and I expect hubby and kids to always remove shoes, before coming inside.
    We have gumboots and things at the back door that need to be worn ( our yard is practically dirt at the moment) and a shoe rack out the front .
    My parents remove shoes and some close friends but some are blatantly oblivious..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I actually find the sight of other people's bare feet a bit suss tbh.
    In what way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2be4 View Post
    Haha oh well at least if you go to someone's house and remove your shoes your feet will be clean
    Yeah, except I usually walk around my yard and hours bare foot. I always hang out the washing bare foot in the morning when it's not winter, and I would stand on rabbit poo along the way I'm sure.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Now that I can not handle.. Basking in the glory of the days muck all over you all night in bed is my worst nightmare lol.

Me+DP ❤️

17. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (28-09-2014)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast