Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Zeddie View Post
    My floors are very clean I mop almost every weekend so not too keen when people tromp their dirty shoes inside.
    Would what's potentially on people's bare feet be worse though? Athlete's foot, plantar warts, fungal infections, etc. Plus some people just have awful foot odour.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're a no shoes house. Mainly cos we have carpet. If I had tiles or floor, we'd still be a no shoes house I reckon, but i wouldn't care as much if ppl wore shoes inside.
    I don't ask ppl to take their shoes off if they come over, but most do I guess cos they see we are barefoot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are shoes on inside, because that's how DH and I were both bought up that way. Our entire downstairs is tiled so I tend to wear thongs/ugg boots inside as the floor is freezing cold otherwise. It doesn't bother me when people wear shoes inside, unless their shoes are filthy dirty and they're trudging dirt/mud/grass though the house. One thing that really does get me though is how DH walks over the bath mat with his shoes on. He can't see the difference between the bath mat and the carpet, which I guess is a fair point, but it still really bugs me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No shoes inside here either. We have floorboards and live in an apartment.
    So it's also out of respect for our downstairs neighbors.

Personally I always take my shoes off when I go to someone else's house and my friends do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    None of my family or friends take their shoes off inside the house, or expect their guests to remove shoes.
    I would have thought it was weird up until a year or two ago when there was a similar thread on here.
    If you came into my house and started taking your shoes off I would wonder what the hell you were doing!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up wearing shoes inside, but frequented a few houses with no-shoes policies.

We usually don't wear shoes in the house, but sometimes do. Don't care at all what guests do.

If you want people to take their shoes off, I'd suggest a sign. It's what my inlaws have, and it usually works. However...I wouldn't push it if people don't want to, they may have very good reasons. My DP, for example, has bad tinea and his feet smell awful if he's been wearing shoes. He'd be so embarrassed if someone forced him to take his shoes off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are shoes off and my parents are too. I think it's a country thing because you're usually walking through mud/chook poo/whatever before you get to the door! I just automatically take mine off at other people's houses, most of the time they say to not bother, but I'm already halfway though taking them off! Mr 3 automatically plonks to his bottom and takes his shoes off when we go inside anywhere lol. The only exception for us is at one friend's house where the kids are allowed to go in and out as they please and they all wear shoes, the floors are covered in dirt 30 seconds after she cleans them so I don't bother with shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is definitely a peeve of mine, and I do outright ask people to please take their shoes off! I think it's polite to take your shoes off and I always go to or I at least ask, "shoes off?" I just wonder what people do after their shower at night? Do they put shoes on afterwards or wander around their house where germs and gunk have been traipsed and then get into their clean bed? Meh I may be anal but just find it gross, plus I find my house stays cleaner much longer with no shoes on.

Ohhhh and the worst one is when people wear shoes inside and then go to stand on a babies mat with them on! I nearly dieeeeeee...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's your house so your rules apply, don't feel bad about politely asking people to follow them. My cousin has a no shoes house. She will remind us to take them off if we forget and I don't think she's being rude or strange. They have spare slippers for us to use if we like as their tiles floors can be very cold.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We wear shoes inside if we're in & out the house during the day or barefoot/socks the rest of the time.

I would find it weird if someone came over and took their shoes off, regardless of how clean the floors were! I also don't think I've ever been asked to take my shoes off. If they are dirty/ it's muddy outside I would take them off, but that's about it.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast