Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi VicPark, honestly, this idea of taking shoes off is new to me lol- I have never been to a house in my whole life where I have had to even consider taking my shoes off, and the same goes at our place. eg: what if you had friends around for a nice dinner or celebration- I can't imagine everyone dressed nicely but with no shoes on... So, I guess I would not insist on people taking off shoes, even if it is something you do day to day, perhaps there can be an exception made for visitors?
    Perhaps I would make an exception for a fancy dinner (not that I would ever hold one) and mop afterwards... If we have a large gathering and the floors are likely to get ranky anyway I wouldn't expect people to take shoes off... Then I would mop afterwards..

The thought of my bub crawling around on a filthy floor... Ewwwww!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dp friend takes his shoes off when he comes to our house and leaves them in the walk way. Drives me crazy. I tell him every time he can leave them on but he never listens haha. I just go by what people's rules are at their house, but here you can leave them on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Good point Bare smelly feet are probably as germy as shoes.
    EXACTLY! What if the person has a papilloma or warts? I certainly wouldn't want them transferring those germs onto my floors, for others to pick up.
    So the floors get dirty? No big deal in my opinion. That's what the vacuum and mop are for.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),delirium  (28-09-2014),HillDweller  (28-09-2014),Starfish30  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I always wear shoes in the house so am happy for any visitors to do so. If I go to someone else's house and they have shoes off at the door, I just do as they do. I always have at least socks on anyway as I personally can't stand the feel of bare feet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (29-09-2014),~BEXTER~  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Well you could always do what me ex in-laws did and provide slippers at the front door for everyone to change into.
    WTF?

I don't care if people wear shoes in my house. As long as they're not visibly dirty. The only shoes at our door are gumboots. We have hardwood floors and they get swept 2-3 times a day, and mopped every day (at least for the high traffic areas). Even when we had a house full of carpet I didn't ask people to take their shoes off. I like being bare foot so walk around without shoes on all the time. But I'll walk around my yard barefoot too...where the dog poos and wees, and then walk back inside.

The only shoes that I won't wear in the house are those I wear to work....because my work shoes walk through some pretty feral stuff that I don't want to waltz in to our house (I work in a hospital).
    Last edited by Full House; 28-09-2014 at 17:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like shoes inside and most people take off their shoes when visiting. If they don't I don't ask them to remove them though.

I wear slippers or just have bare feet inside. My main concern is people scratching the bamboo floors if they have a little rock stuck in their shoe or something (we have just had it installed so I am very protective of it lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually don't care either way. If people visit my house I just want them to be comfortable be that with shoes on or off..... whatevs. Personally I'd take my shoes off at someone elses house as I find it more comfortable. But yeah if its an issue I'd just say would you mind taking your shoes off I've just mopped or something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I grew up in a no shoes house so it's always been the norm with me; for us it's a cultural practice, same with DH and most of my friends. We have a shoe rack/bench thing at the front door and most people see that and take off their shoes, I've never actually had to ask anyone to do so. If someone kept their shoes on I probably wouldn't say anything, I'd find it awkward to have that conversation. If people ask would I like them to remove their shoes I just say 'if you wouldn't mind that would be great thanks', and I offer them a pair of indoor sandals/ slippers.

When I go to people's houses I always immediately start to take off my shoes, if they insist that I keep them on I do but I'm happy to take them off. I keep a pair or stocking socks in my bag at all times in case the floors are dirty or cold.

At my parents house if they were having a large dinner party or something that moved from indoor to outdoor then everyone would keeps shoes on and mum would give the floors a good clean the next day. I'll probably do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoes, except dirty work boots, can stay on here. If I visit someone's house with a shoes off policy I prefer a sign or to be asked to remove them rather than they get upset because my detective skills fail to work out that they want me to take them off. I have no issues taking them off though if asked.

We have shoes in baskets under our hall table and often no shoes on ourselves, so I wouldn't consider these good enough clues that shoes must be removed.

Just tell them. What's the worst that can happen? They'll say no and tell you to harden up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always took our shoes off growing up. And I usually do in other people's houses unless they keep them on - I follow their lead

If it was my parents - I'd just tell them to take them off. And if I was really fussy, I'd ask other people nicely.