Closed Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure how to take it either? Does that mean women with children who read are only reading things like 50 shades of grey? We must all move in very different circles if that is the case! I don't know anyone who does that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    Huh? Lol, where's the comparison? Freudian slip? I seriously hope no one does that!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (30-09-2014),HillDweller  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you - the way you keep your home is a reflection on yourself- did you see the study recently that said creative people are far more likely to live among chaos. It goes as far to say that if you don't, then you are vey unlikely to be creative. I found that funny. I am a creative person - and chaos is my middle name.

HOw do you guys who clean all the time find the time to do anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    It's not about poisoning my environment at all, I just don't like to walk on my floor and feel dirt or see marks all over my tiles. I think that how you keep your home is a reflection of yourself. But as I said, I'm a little OCD!

Me+DP ❤️
    Last edited by beebs; 30-09-2014 at 13:21.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (30-09-2014),HillDweller  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @beebs aren't you feeling lonely up there?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Full House  (30-09-2014),Jodes35  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not creative at all, and I can let my housework slip, but I feel anxious if my house gets really messy. However with three kids, studying, my love for the outdoors and an active lifestyle, plus being social I certainly don't spend all my time cleaning. I would much rather grab my pushbike and ride to the beach with a friend for a few hours, than sit inside and read/sew/cook/play musical instruments/draw/whatever else. Different strokes for different folks.

When I studied full time I had a cleaner. She came on a Monday. So Sunday afternoon the whole family would spend an hour tidying up properly and putting everything away in it's proper spot so that the cleaner could come and clean, and then go home.

My house is not 'display home' clean. It used to be, before kids (with 5 pets all living indoors. I have always vacuumed a lot!)...but as long as it's reasonably clean I'm happy. My kitchen and bathroom cupboards desperately need a clean out and tidy but I can't be bothered. One day it will get to me enough that I'll go mad and clean it all but that day isn't today! haha It's obvious kids live here too...but meh, that's part and parcel of having kids. I do my best to be on top of it though (IKEA storage to make clean up easier for the kids...so they have a box for smiggle, a box for the train set, a box for Sylvanian Families etc.) but my girl's room drives me nuts. They love little trinkets and ornaments so they have trinkets and ornaments everywhere...it's cluttered and bugs me, but I also appreciate that they need to be able to have their room how they like as well so I just deal with it, as long as everything is in its 'spot' when I need to dust the room, and they put their toys away at the end of the day I'm okay.
    Last edited by Full House; 30-09-2014 at 13:46.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house has a sign saying please remove your shoes. But not everyone does it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aw now, no need to be rude. I was asking a genuine question - if you are one of those people who literally cleans all day - when do you get time to do anything for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    @beebs aren't you feeling lonely up there?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol, I make time to not clean of an evening!! or when it doesn't suit me. How ridiculous to spend all my spare time cleaning! Even when I was childless I would never! Holy moly! Lol, Jmo.
    All you stepford wives on here make my head hurt.

Sleepy time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    I was called ridiculous and a stepford wife. I think thats a little unsettling after answering a question. I dont want to argue over a difference of opinion. 10 hour drive ahead of us
    Firstly, both these comments were made by ONE person. I'm sorry that it's made you feel ganged up on, it's certainly not what the hub is about as I'm sure you've already found some great support here with TTC.

I didn't read the 'stepford wife' comment as aimed particularly at you. You are certainly not alone in placing a high priority on keeping your home cleaner than average. Each to their own I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I honestly don't know how you manage to "do it all" as they say. But I am up for learning more - which is why I read threads like this in the first place. I quite liked your idea of breaking things up into manageable pieces of 5 minutes here and there - and was thinking I was going to have to give it a try.

I just mentioned the study because it made so much sense, regarding my chaotic nature and that of my friends and family....it wasn't supposed to be insulting to others at all.

I'm sorry if it came across that way - I will delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Agreed. Wow.

Oh and if you take the time to read properly, people have already explained how they get to vacuum 'all the time.' But it appears your ego got in the way of your reading capabilities. Better luck next time.

And I'm not creative at all, and I can let my housework slip, but I feel anxious if my house gets really messy. However with three kids, studying, my love for the outdoors and an active lifestyle, plus being social I certainly don't spend all my time cleaning. I would much rather grab my pushbike and ride to the beach with a friend for a few hours, than sit inside and read/sew/cook/play musical instruments/draw/whatever else. Different strokes for different folks, one is not better than the other, even though it appears you have forgotten that.
    Last edited by beebs; 30-09-2014 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've changed it - hope it is better. But I would like to say that I am similar to you in that I have kids, who have friends, we are a social bunch. We often have kids and their parents over etc. I wasn't trying to say that being creative trumps that in any way at all.

I also don't mean to say that any of that stuff, being social or creative, or reading trumps housework..if that is what someone enjoys doing then more power. I just personally don't understand, and it's because I literally despise housework. I have a cleaner once and week and I still hate it - and am still no good at it. It drives me insane.

So sorry again - I wasn't trying to be mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    It's just a shame your genuine question was after a paragraph of nastiness. If that wasn't your intention you need to change the way you worded it because it's really rude and condescending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I agree with you - the way you keep your home is a reflection on yourself- did you see the study recently that said creative people are far more likely to live among chaos. It goes as far to say that if you don't, then you are vey unlikely to be creative. I found that funny. I am a creative person - and chaos is my middle name.

HOw do you guys who clean all the time find the time to do anything else?
    They have been saying creative people generally live among chaos for years. I think in general the sort of person you are is reflected somewhat but I see myself as a friendly happy open person and that's reflected in my house. Open to anyone with no real rules about how things have to be (just don't hurt the dogs).

The reality is my house may be messy from 4 kids but it is clean. I don't believe requiring someone to take their shoes off though is necessary. I want my guests to be comfortable and what had been said here again and again is that it makes some people very uncomfortable to have to remove their shoes. I would hate my guests to be made to feel that way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)