Closed Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I get the impression you are more social than me. I'm not a fan of late notice play dates... And to be honest I could think of nothing worse that 6 kids running round... The noise! (Ok plenty of things actually worse, that was a figure of speech). So I would attempt to manage how crowded my house would be... Perhaps only having 2 kids is a part of that... This could all be a whole other thread though!
    It is partly about being social and your kids' social life, but once your children are about 4, having a friend of theirs over makes your job easier. I arrange play dates so I can get things done without DD being in my hair. They run off together and do their thing, you throw together a fruit plate, settle the odd dispute over who gets to wear the dinosaur costume first, otherwise you don't hear a peep and can get so much done.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),GreenMama  (30-09-2014)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I live in the country so everyone takes shoes off. It's the norm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    I'm probably going to be extremely unpopular for this, but if I have time to post on bubhub it usually means I have time to quickly vaccy the floor. But, as we all know, I do not have kids yet. So I am in a different situation.

Me+DP ❤️
    Don't know your situation abd hope I'm not being insensitive if you are ttc ( I was around here two yrs after our ms before before the kids)

Anyway pre and post kids is totally different. The things you do change so much you wonder of you are the same person.

I'm a chef and was running a good business from home. I was OCD about a clean kitchen oven fridge etc. I have a 23month old and a 11month old. Yesterday I rearranged mine and hubbies schedules just to get 20min to clean the fridge out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I'm probably going to be extremely unpopular for this, but if I have time to post on bubhub it usually means I have time to quickly vaccy the floor. But, as we all know, I do not have kids yet. So I am in a different situation.

Me+DP ❤️
    You're right, it's a completely different situation. I have a clean house but it was definitely cleaner before kids. I actually used to suffer panic attacks if something wasnt clean. It's taken a lot for me to work past that. And I'm much happier for it.

Oh and ETA- I wish vacuuming was a quick job. But when toys are strewn everywhere and they're playing, its not. I usually spend at least half an hour clearing the floor and sorting out toys before I can vacuum.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by peanutmonkey; 30-09-2014 at 06:48.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),Starfish30  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello. I thought I'd chip in as I went to India in Jan and the hut we stayed in asked for no shoes. I liked it so much that when I came back home it seemed logical not to wear shoes in the house and bring in all the muck off the street into the carpets and bedrooms. I mean, why would you want that stuff on your carpets?

I now blatantly ask my guests to take them off but always offer socks or slippers.

The biggest thing I have noticed is that my house is 50 times CLEANER!

My friends think I'm neurotic anyways so this just adding to that but mostly they respect that its my house so fair enough. People can do what they like in their own but as I'm the one cleaning my house and walking around barefoot then my rules go!

Also, my DF has a habit of stepping on dog poo so there are no longer any accidents on my rugs where he drags it in. Total no brainier for me!

I do wish I had a cute sign tho. Anyone know where I can find one??

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 July '14 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Oct FET Transfer

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (30-09-2014),heplusme  (30-09-2014),zooey  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To everyone that wrote back (I'm not sure how to multi quote).. That is exactly why I said we do not have kids yet so it's a different situation! I don't know why everyone's getting upset when I stated that. Am I not allowed to have an opinion because we are TTC and havnt been lucky enough yet? I said in other posts there was only two of us and that's why I found it easy, and never attacked anyone. If we do conceive, with a OH that goes away for 6 months at a time I can guarantee you I probably won't be able to be as tidy! I also said my place was small so it took 5 mins to vacuum. I spent three months scrubbing a building for hours every night and now spend hours a day scrubbing ships at work. It has become quite a habit to clean up..which is why I am of the belief that if I have 5 mins on My iPad I have 5 mins to clean. Is that an attack? No! It's just how i was brought up and how I have been trained at work. When we are deployed before we sleep we clean, it's a habit.

If you are that sensitive about me answering the OPs question honestly according to my lifestyle then I'll head back over into the TTC section, as it really feels like because I don't have children I am being pushed out. I'm feeling quite upset now, I'm sorry VP that this has hijacked your post.

Me+DP ❤️

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (30-09-2014),lilypily  (30-09-2014),Night Owl  (30-09-2014),sky1  (30-09-2014),TheGooch  (30-09-2014),VicPark  (30-09-2014),zooey  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't having a crack I just meant prepare yourself that things change. It really bugs me that there isn't time to clean how I would like. I cried over it yesterday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Im sorry you're feeling like you cant hve an opinion but if you're allowed to make a comment tht basicallt says if you have time to bub hub you have time to clean (and you even commented that it may make you unpopular) then all myself and others were doing was saying why it isnt that simple? I'm unsure why you're feeling attacked as I dont see any unkind posts, just people saying their own situation etc? But regardless I am sorry that you're feeling that way as it isn't a nice way to feel and it certainly wasn't my intention.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014),Starfish30  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To everyone that wrote back (I'm not sure how to multi quote).. That is exactly why I said we do not have kids yet so it's a different situation! I don't know why everyone's getting upset when I stated that. Am I not allowed to have an opinion because we are TTC and havnt been lucky enough yet? I said in other posts there was only two of us and that's why I found it easy, and never attacked anyone. If we do conceive, with a OH that goes away for 6 months at a time I can guarantee you I probably won't be able to be as tidy! I also said my place was small so it took 5 mins to vacuum. I spent three months scrubbing a building for hours every night and now spend hours a day scrubbing ships at work. It has become quite a habit to clean up..which is why I am of the belief that if I have 5 mins on My iPad I have 5 mins to clean. Is that an attack? No! It's just how i was brought up and how I have been trained at work. When we are deployed before we sleep we clean, it's a habit.

If you are that sensitive about me answering the OPs question honestly according to my lifestyle then I'll head back over into the TTC section, as it really feels like because I don't have children I am being pushed out. I'm feeling quite upset now, I'm sorry VP that this has hijacked your post.

Me+DP ❤️
    Don't stress over it. I have changed my standards of housework from no kids to one kid, two kids and three kids. I also find that I do things as a parent with my kids the ages they are that I never thought I would. When I had a toddler and a baby no way did I imagine that I'd have kids over all the time and wouldn't care that there was three days worth of washing on the lounge when their parent came to pick them up. Everyone has different standards and the standards change throughout the years...so I've found anyway.
    Last edited by Full House; 30-09-2014 at 10:06.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in the country as well so no one just turns up without shoes, they've driven here or walked 1km along a country road. It's just normal to take shoes off when you go inside.y son is 3 in nov and he automatically takes his shoes off when he comes in and then chucks them back on when he goes out. I don't have to ask anymore - is been the norm for his whole life so he doesn't even consider wearing them inside! He has gumboots and thongs that take no time to throw on and he can do them on his own so it's not an issue. Kids will learn and adapt to all sorts of things and kids who come to play here quite quickly get in the groove of doing shoes on and off - no bid deal

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

zooey  (30-09-2014)